* Future - 712PM * (Remix by Memento Beats)

Dope, its really good to see you posting beats again
Glad you like it :D I think that releasing about one song per week is both feasible for me considering my current workload related to the regular job and other and also good for keeping my skills somewhat sharp :) Furthermore, I finally found a way to generate attention around my channel so I need to exploit this moment even if it would be something temporary :D

Personally I think your skills are sharper than ever, really upped your mixing. I think you have become more diverse in your arrangement and sound choices too

DISCLAIMER: VERY LONG RESPONSE AS MOST OF MINE :D

Firstly, thank you for these words as it's always nice to hear this kind of things especially from someone like you :D:love: I fully agree with diversification you mentioned. You know I think I started focusing more on the song as a whole rather than just a beat. When I decided to "resign" I actually needed some kind of break from beatmaking because as you probably remember in 2020 and 2021 my music production resembled more work on an assembly line rather than making something creative.

I had my schema/blueprint for making beats that I believed worked and was right but :

1. it became very boring after a few months because I was opening DAW and I was like "Okay, so I start from this, here I do this, then I do this, that blah blah blah" and that was basically it :( Also that regime I imposed onmyself for releasing 2/3 beats weekly plus participating in battles here, plus making a podcast about beatmaking (ILL Battle Report) was seriously too much and that repetitive workflow along with many other things led me to a serious burnout. You may say that "but there are producers who are able to make 30 beats a day, how can you compare this to your poor 2/3 beats weekly". There's something to it but maybe I'm just not that creative and I'm able to produce less beats but maybe focus on other aspects of beats that I want to make sound better. I don't know. All I can say is that at some point making music became kind of a duty for me instead of fun. :( And it wasn't good and I needed to take a break. I really thought I would quit because I stopped feeling any kind of positive emotions related to music in general even if it was about listening to music. Music truly disgusted me for some time and I just stopped doing anything related to this.

2. I thought my beats were good but in fact they weren't. It's ironic because at the moment when I stopped and took that break from making music it was THAT time when my beats/songs whatever started sounding really good. The funny thing is that I've had that YouTube channel since 2016 and since that moment I was able to attract about 100 subscribers over the course of 5-6 years (counting til the moment of the break) so I kinda had the right to feel like a piece of shit when it comes to making music. But now since the last few months I gain new subscribers almost daily. Those are still microscopic numbers and my channel doesn't mean anything at all, but I see steady movement forward. Small steps but significant steps for me.

3. I thought my beats were great for rappers when they actually weren't at all. :( I truly learned that it doesn't take much to make a good sounding beat. You don't have to have lots of breakdowns, tempo switches, build ups, genre mixes and stuff like that (I'm referring to all that edm-style experiments I was making about 3 years ago) to make something that is just enjoyable to listen to. I learned the hard way that less is more. Especially, when I was making my personal rapping project (yes, you heard it well, I was rapping). I thought to myself "Meh, I'll be able to rap on the beats that I made easily" and... I wasn't able to. :ROFLMAO: There was too much going on and too many elements were so distracting when I tried to rap over them. And when I produced about 10 songs of mine, when I started recording myself, when I started mixing my live vocals with my beats I learned that you really have to leave space for the artist. Beat has to be just a background for the artist. A good background but still a background because I even noticed that people put much more attention to songs with voice rather than just instrumentals. I remember when I was in music school when I was a teenager and I had piano classes (I can't play it, but I had classes :LOL:) my piano teacher told me that human voice is the greatest and most beautiful instrument ever created (and she was a pianist). I didn't understand it at all then, but now I do. We as humans naturally like to listen to each other and it truly makes a difference when a song has a vocal in it and when it's just an instrumental. Somehow the presence of human voice changes everything.

So yeah, I can definitely say that right now my approach to music is totally different and I think that I matured a lot when it comes to music.

DISCLAIMER: VERY LONG RESPONSE AS MOST OF MINE :D

Firstly, thank you for these words as it's always nice to hear this kind of things especially from someone like you :D:love: I fully agree with diversification you mentioned. You know I think I started focusing more on the song as a whole rather than just a beat. When I decided to "resign" I actually needed some kind of break from beatmaking because as you probably remember in 2020 and 2021 my music production resembled more work on an assembly line rather than making something creative.

I had my schema/blueprint for making beats that I believed worked and was right but :

1. it became very boring after a few months because I was opening DAW and I was like "Okay, so I start from this, here I do this, then I do this, that blah blah blah" and that was basically it :( Also that regime I imposed onmyself for releasing 2/3 beats weekly plus participating in battles here, plus making a podcast about beatmaking (ILL Battle Report) was seriously too much and that repetitive workflow along with many other things led me to a serious burnout. You may say that "but there are producers who are able to make 30 beats a day, how can you compare this to your poor 2/3 beats weekly". There's something to it but maybe I'm just not that creative and I'm able to produce less beats but maybe focus on other aspects of beats that I want to make sound better. I don't know. All I can say is that at some point making music became kind of a duty for me instead of fun. :( And it wasn't good and I needed to take a break. I really thought I would quit because I stopped feeling any kind of positive emotions related to music in general even if it was about listening to music. Music truly disgusted me for some time and I just stopped doing anything related to this.

2. I thought my beats were good but in fact they weren't. It's ironic because at the moment when I stopped and took that break from making music it was THAT time when my beats/songs whatever started sounding really good. The funny thing is that I've had that YouTube channel since 2016 and since that moment I was able to attract about 100 subscribers over the course of 5-6 years (counting til the moment of the break) so I kinda had the right to feel like a piece of shit when it comes to making music. But now since the last few months I gain new subscribers almost daily. Those are still microscopic numbers and my channel doesn't mean anything at all, but I see steady movement forward. Small steps but significant steps for me.

3. I thought my beats were great for rappers when they actually weren't at all. :( I truly learned that it doesn't take much to make a good sounding beat. You don't have to have lots of breakdowns, tempo switches, build ups, genre mixes and stuff like that (I'm referring to all that edm-style experiments I was making about 3 years ago) to make something that is just enjoyable to listen to. I learned the hard way that less is more. Especially, when I was making my personal rapping project (yes, you heard it well, I was rapping). I thought to myself "Meh, I'll be able to rap on the beats that I made easily" and... I wasn't able to. :ROFLMAO: There was too much going on and too many elements were so distracting when I tried to rap over them. And when I produced about 10 songs of mine, when I started recording myself, when I started mixing my live vocals with my beats I learned that you really have to leave space for the artist. Beat has to be just a background for the artist. A good background but still a background because I even noticed that people put much more attention to songs with voice rather than just instrumentals. I remember when I was in music school when I was a teenager and I had piano classes (I can't play it, but I had classes :LOL:) my piano teacher told me that human voice is the greatest and most beautiful instrument ever created (and she was a pianist). I didn't understand it at all then, but now I do. We as humans naturally like to listen to each other and it truly makes a difference when a song has a vocal in it and when it's just an instrumental. Somehow the presence of human voice changes everything.

So yeah, I can definitely say that right now my approach to music is totally different and I think that I matured a lot when it comes to music.
Bruv, you domt realise just how totally 100% relatable that is. Sounds like the exact same process I went through. Diversifying into totally different genres really helped keep things interesting, so did the jump from reason, which I used for over a decade and just got bored of, the same repetitive process over and over again. Thats when I started making less, but being much more meticulous when making them, quality over quantity. Took me a while to get some VST's together, but Im happy with what I have, only want a couple things. A new midi keyboard, probably an Alesis VI49, I like how the keys feel, and a pair of DT990's because I like how they sound.
I felt totally burned out when myspace went to shit and it stopped me making music for 7 years so I totally understand what you are saying.
As for chasing fans, its the weakest part of my game. I just like making music that I can be proud of.

I felt totally burned out when myspace went to shit and it stopped me making music for 7 years so I totally understand what you are saying.
7 years break sounds like a total reset to me. That's a long time.

Took me a while to get some VST's together, but Im happy with what I have, only want a couple things. A new midi keyboard, probably an Alesis VI49
I used to have a MIDI controller from Arturia but I don't know, it's just something I think I don't know how to use :LOL: Like I tried making music with it but my lack of keyboard/piano skills prevented me from using it to its full potential. I program everything with a mouse but when you said that my journey is similar to yours then maybe the moment I'm convinced to using controller will be the next phase :LOL: