futuristic music

ch3ck-ch3ck

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
How exactly would a "futuristic" sounding hip-hop beat sound? What types of sounds would be used, and what are some good examples of this type of music? I keep on thinking about something Timbaland related.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If your talking about "futuristic" then your talking about a "theme", think of it that way.
So what comes to mind when u think of the future?
What ever that sound is is your answer homebread.

If you were thinking about making a scary beat, its the same thing.

savage_g

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
futuristic; I always think of cannibal ox - iron galaxy, always makes me think of some blade runner type isht.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
heavy synth and mad sound effects(machine type shhh) is my interpretation of "futuristic".

Its up to us as producers to define the future sound of hiphop, as it doesnt exist yet.
The trend is heading towards more synth based music and less sample based production, due to copyright laws and Timbaland and the other southern artists being heavily into synths.
I find it interesting that some people have mentioned music from the past to create the future, I have to agree to some extent but not entirely. I personally beleive the future is in composition, I could very well be wrong, just saying what I see.