FXPansion GURU

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Anyone using FXPansion GURU? What do you think?

I just picked it up to use with the Trigger Finger. I tried the demo for flippin samples. I came up with some hot tracks, so I bought the full version for the Mac.

I'll eventually dig through the manual. Anyone know of some good tutorials to get started?

T

The Bastard

my boy age aka 50 cal aka dino the black italian put me onto this shit . it really is fuckin sick, im still fuckin wit the demo cuz i aint tryin to drop 250 beans if i dont have to. u cant load any saved projects in demo mode but i was thinkin use it as a vst in fruity loops. then export as a wav and save that way. but for sum reason when i load guru as a vst it says sound stream stopped and none of the sounds work on it, if u cant use it as a vst in demo mode then im prolly just gunna have to buy the shit :(

T

The Bastard

Yeah been looking for that for a minute now.. want a try before buy version cus i dont know if i'm ready to pay that amount for something but it sounds hot!

u can download the demo at www.fxpansion.com u def wont be dissapointed . i think its sick how u can load up a preset pattern. change the pattern to how u like, then apply yur own drum samples to that pattern. fuckin sick , i def need to have the full version some day.only downside i see is u cant export to wav or anything, which is a big fuckin deal in my book,kinda kills using it as a standalone, i dont see why they couldnt have just added that shit cuz if they did the thing would be a straight up beast. but if ur usin it as a vst its not a big deal

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
only downside i see is u cant export to wav or anything, which is a big fuckin deal in my book,kinda kills using it as a standalone, i dont see why they couldnt have just added that shit cuz if they did the thing would be a straight up beast. but if ur usin it as a vst its not a big deal

There's too many ways around that limitation. What I do is work in standalone, then save, then load it up as a plugin to export to wav.

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
There are tutorials on fxpansion's website. Guru is the truth dog. Wait till you dig in.

Thanks... I watched those two this weekend...

There's too many ways around that limitation. What I do is work in standalone, then save, then load it up as a plugin to export to wav.

Yeah... I use audio hijack on the Mac to record the audio real quick dirty. It works well as a plug-in though.

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah been looking for that for a minute now.. want a try before buy version cus i dont know if i'm ready to pay that amount for something but it sounds hot!

I tried it for a couple months and kept coming up with kinda sick shit, so I had to buy it.

T

The Bastard

I was gonna get into Guru but its a computer program and I like the feel of an MPC because the computer Quantizes tooooo on point and by time u get done movin everything to its proper place U lose what u wanted to do..** NOT 2 GET OFF SUBJECT **

dont be a homo son jus try it before u make a decision on whut sucks about it

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I was gonna get into Guru but its a computer program and I like the feel of an MPC because the computer Quantizes tooooo on point and by time u get done movin everything to its proper place U lose what u wanted to do..** NOT 2 GET OFF SUBJECT **

That really makes no sense. Why not just make the whole track let it quantize it and then when your finished you can go back, that way your work flow isn't interrupted and you get it sounding perfect.

NW

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Anyone know the reason why when I download the demo and run it as stand alone get no sound from it ? It indicates that sound is playing but I hear nothing ??? (Everything else on my pc plays fine including other music software).

members online