G.O.A.T. Ghostwriter in the Building

Hey Y’all! I’m a ghostwriter. I started out at Columbia Records in NYC in the 1993 when Bad Boy first started. Who I wrote for might not belong here, so I won’t mention any names unless you ask. I have never made a beat before, but I know exactly what to do with them! Raekwon said “Beats make me psycho” and I agree. Shout out to @OGBama !

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Thanks @OGBama ! I have been a writer since learning how to write. My grandmother was a librarian who had great penmanship and I got a lot of inspiration from her.

There was always so much paper around when we got school supplies so I figured I’d be a writer and use up some of that paper. When listening to the radio, there was no hip hop, rap or r&b on the radio, so I decided to make a change and write as much as possible.

I had so many verses and songs that were just laying around, so one day I decided to send them to a record label to get appraised. One day I went to that record label to ask for a job and they gave me a position. I was going to be an artist but they needed a ghostwriter and I was all the way for it. From there it is history!

I hear you, and I agree. Writing for myself is sometimes difficult in that I have to see the page again when I’d have to spit it. But when writing for someone else, I never have to see that verse ever again. Besides, writing for others is easier because a writer can be inspired by a rapper or artist. The hardest part of writing is coming up with rhyming words, I believe. But even that came easy to me which is why I decided to do that professionally. With writing, like nearly anything, practice makes perfect! Thanks again @nikwen ! Let me know when you need a new verse to spit and I’ll write you something cool for cheap!

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Mr Berg .. Mr Ice.. Mr high?

You may be worth me talking to. I'm great at writing/spitting but decided not to do so myself, but could easily write for others. Your last post above inspired me to write this post.

I would definitely be interested in writing rap for others, but how do you approach getting in to that? As obviously with rap having ghostwriters often looked down on etc, so didn't think there was such a role for ghostwriting raps. but I got skills/talent going to waste as I don't bother writing for myself, so if theres an avenue for it, I'm definitely curious...

Any suggestions, brother?

You may be worth me talking to. I'm great at writing/spitting but decided not to do so myself, but could easily write for others. Your last post above inspired me to write this post.

I would definitely be interested in writing rap for others, but how do you approach getting in to that? As obviously with rap having ghostwriters often looked down on etc, so didn't think there was such a role for ghostwriting raps. but I got skills/talent going to waste as I don't bother writing for myself, so if theres an avenue for it, I'm definitely curious...

Most artists have ghost writers these days, teams of them

nikwen

ILLIEN
I hear you, and I agree. Writing for myself is sometimes difficult in that I have to see the page again when I’d have to spit it. But when writing for someone else, I never have to see that verse ever again. Besides, writing for others is easier because a writer can be inspired by a rapper or artist. The hardest part of writing is coming up with rhyming words, I believe. But even that came easy to me which is why I decided to do that professionally. With writing, like nearly anything, practice makes perfect! Thanks again @nikwen ! Let me know when you need a new verse to spit and I’ll write you something cool for cheap!
Thanks for the offer! Right now, I'm not really looking to hire a ghostwriter.

The challenge for me is mostly to make sure that the flow feels good, i.e. that the right syllables hit on the beat and that the accentuation feels natural. Or to let Eminem describe it:

God only knows, he's grown farther from home, he's no father
He goes home and barely knows his own daughter

→ Maybe people are just thinking father rhymes with daughter or something. But it’s about repeating a pattern. The trick is to get the pattern to hit on the same beat—“grown farther,” “own daughter,” the “knows” and “goes,” like that.

Do you have any tips for that?

nikwen

ILLIEN

Subreddits like https://www.reddit.com/r/HipHopCollabs/ or @OGBama's https://www.reddit.com/r/makinghiphop/?

Maybe @OGBama even knows some rappers who might be interested.

Any suggestions, brot

I like when people say “High” after they spit one of my verses. IceBerg is cool too.

The way I got involved with writing for others is by sending writing samples to a record label and then asking for a job. If you can’t do that, you can simply ask an artist to spit what you wrote for you. You can tell them that you have hot verses but you don’t really spit that much. It’s a dirty job that no one talks about or advertises about so you really have to sell yourself. Ask an artist if they want to use you as a ghostwriter. Most people have been looking for a ghostwriter all of their lives. They just don’t know where to look. That’s where you approach them first and sell yourself. I just sent Columbia Records two writing samples in the mail this month, just in case I need a backup plan. It’s hard because a lot of people don’t believe in ghosts but real often times recognizes real.

I hope this helps a little. Like I said, sell yourself to local talent, big or small and see your way into the game! Let me know if I can help any further.

Phat Shout to my girl @OGBama

Thanks for the offer! Right now, I'm not really looking to hire a ghostwriter.

The challenge for me is mostly to make sure that the flow feels good, i.e. that the right syllables hit on the beat and that the accentuation feels natural. Or to let Eminem describe it:

Do you have any tips for that?
I think that when it comes to rhyming, you shouldn’t be picky. You should say whatever you have to in order to rhyme. If the rhyme scheme comes out superb, than congratulations. But every scheme is accepted, even if you break the pattern and start a new scheme. It’s called a rhyme “scheme” because it’s part of a larger scale project. Ideally you want to finish a whole song and not dwell on lyrics. Your lyrics will shine anyways.

What do you think?

Phat Shout to the pretty girl @OGBama

DROOGUHR

Battle Points: 3
Hey Y’all! I’m a ghostwriter. I started out at Columbia Records in NYC in the 1993 when Bad Boy first started. Who I wrote for might not belong here, so I won’t mention any names unless you ask. I have never made a beat before, but I know exactly what to do with them! Raekwon said “Beats make me psycho” and I agree. Shout out to @OGBama !
great to know theres someone on here who just focuses on writing....im deff, just starting and learning to produce for 6 months mainly just for the fun of making music, but lyrics arent something that i want to spend my time improving cuz it deff needs work....and so much to learn already. i would deff get some one to write me something so i could have some fire lyrics to experiment with on a beat.

great to know theres someone on here who just focuses on writing....im deff, just starting and learning to produce for 6 months mainly just for the fun of making music, but lyrics arent something that i want to spend my time improving cuz it deff needs work....and so much to learn already. i would deff get some one to write me something so i could have some fire lyrics to experiment with on a beat.
I think that that’s a great mindset. It’s difficult to step out of your comfort zone. But to experiment with something new… you could never go wrong! You could find major success with a ghostwriter. Besides, like in my situation, a ghostwriter is someone who can write easily but find it hard to recite and rap. So the writer and the artist go together pretty well. If you are a serious artist, with a writer, you’ll have a lot more new songs to play with because of the writers ability to produce for you. And for the most part, nobody would know that you didn’t write it. If worse came to worse, you could just say that you were spitting your friends lyrics for him because he thought they were dope but he can’t spit; you’d be like a publisher. If you have any beats or projects that you want to work on, let me know and we can build for free. If you like what we do than we can talk about prices later on.

I hope you are having fun learning production! That’s something that I know nothing about. I never even been in a studio before. Never recorded. Good luck in the beats challenges too. I love beats! I just wish I were still in the game to do it to beats like I used to.

great to know theres someone on here who just focuses on writing....im deff, just starting and learning to produce for 6 months mainly just for the fun of making music, but lyrics arent something that i want to spend my time improving cuz it deff needs work....and so much to learn already. i would deff get some one to write me something so i could have some fire lyrics to experiment with on a beat
i love your beats that you have on your profile; especially “REFLEKTIVN!” You have a lot of talent! I was thinking of a hook for it (it’s best to come up with a easy catchy hook before you actually start the writing process.) “Don’t go deeper/ Don’t blow reefer/ Don’t know the reaper/ Don’t smoke either.” This is just a hook that you could use on “REFLEKTIVN.” Repeat it a few times and you’ll be able to move to the next beat. If you want to work on a song for it let me know. I’d be happy to write more. Again, nice beat!

members online