Votes: 5 50.0%
  • JAY-Z

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
After listening to both albums from start to finish I can't put that G-unit album down...Jay's album is ok but that G-unit album is tight...I can listen to from start to end without skipping any songs...Sure it's still some kill shit but they threw a few cruve balls and change ups in there..That song with Joe is nice Banks solo joint is cool and that Baby u Got is ok for the unusual rob shot and kill style these guys have and Young Buck solo song Footprints is probally the best song on the album
and the song G-UNIT is the best group effort of the album
(both Produced by Hi Tek)...I was getting sick of this style of rap but the production on the album makes it hard to not like it..I think it's one of the best albums of the year!!!I enjoyed it more than get rich or die tryin

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I have to agree! ..... While the lyrics aren't the best .... I do have to say that this is one of the best produced albums this year (Dope beats)(G-unit album) .... I can also listen to this CD from top to bottom without skipping a song. I haven't been able to do that in a very very long time .... Jay-z's album is GARBAGE ... after I bought it I smashed it with a brick .... what a waste of money .... I never been able to listen to a Jay-Z album from top to bottom with out skipping a song and that says a whole lot . He usually has wack production on most of his albums and only 3-4 good songs on the whole thing. Bu this time its even worse ... he's on some alternative rap shit .... the beats on the Black album Suck besides 2 or 3 ... for this to be his last album he went down as a flop in my book ..... The G-unit album is appealing to the ear musically .... if more artist dropped albums with that type of production people wouldn't be so quick to burn CD's because who wants to spend $16 for 3 cool songs .... I know I don't ....I want to get my money worth at least 10-12 songs that bang ..... this album is definitly something worth buying.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
right now i work in a warehouse for 8 hours and all i do is work and vibe to music...i got a chance to listen to the jayz and the g unit cd and right now im not feeling none of them...im no big lyrics person but i need something thats gona get me hype no matter if its real or b.s. but make it worth my while and i couldnt really get that vibe from these two cd's...the beat where ok but just like young buck said next time use all of dre beats

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I dunno but i hated the G Unit album. I thought it was garbage, the production was tight ill give it that, but comeon. The lyrics are trash, Yung Buck is garbage, Lloyd Banks AKA MC Mumbles is even worse. Without the production they had it would be an even worse disaster.

M

metrosoul

Both TOTALY FUCKIN SUCK BUT IF HAD TO PICK ONE IT WOULD BE JAY-Z.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im suprised to hear someone would even say the g unit is good, but i really only listen to beats, so if the beats r good, the album is good to me..jays album is ehhh...i only like about 4 songs, and thats for the beats. lucifer, encore, what more can i say, and my first song

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
G-UNIT No doubt is better. Jay-Z needs to do a part2 to the black album just to redeem himself. I agree with those who think that they both suck but G-UNIT is better.

--dac

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
Are you all crazy?!! The Jay-Z album is a great album from both a production and lyrical standpoint. Pound for pound better than the G-Unit album. Jay-Z enlists Rick Rubin, DJ Quik, Kanye West, Just Blaze, Clark Kent, The Neptunes, Eminem, and Timbaland. I'd say it ranks in his Top 3 albums - and I'm sad to see him leave the game. The G-Unit album is alright, but it sounds like a rushed project. Both artists (Jay and G-Unit) are great artists and I enjoy everything they put out.

Peace

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Phreeze
I'd say it ranks in his Top 3 albums -
Peace

Are you for real....i know your from where ever tenn. but let me ask you this...you really think the black album is better then jayz first cd or the hard knock life vol 2 cd that jay really got his comm. fame from or even the blue print album.....to me that is jayz top 3 albums give me something that puts the black album anywhere near those 3. Jayz didnt even go hard on this one cause if he did then there wouldnt even be a rumor of him putting out another cd.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Originally posted by pboyproducer
ibut i really only listen to beats, so if the beats r good, the album is good to me

same here... but i haven't bought either... i do however have the jay-z album and that's not too bad... i have also heard "stunt 101" and that was complete shit... so i'd have to say jay-z... probably cos i still bump the blueprint at every opportunity possible...

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
I disagree with that last statement: "if the beats are good, the album is good to me," because it takes the beats AND the lyrics to make the album what it is. Now I'm not gunna start rambling on about how the Jay-Z is hot and ya'll don't know what you're talkin about, because opinions are different, but I can point out more than a few songs on the Black Album that deserve some props. In "99 Problems," (what I think is the hottest song on the whole cd besides Moment Of Clarity,) the whole second verse is Jay-Z describing himself gettin pulled over. Not only is it halarious, but he rhymes it ill. You gotta give him props for that, that's some classic shit. Anyway, just wanted to say stop hatin... peace ya'll

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I respect your opinion but ...... people listen to different things when music is played ..... some people like to listen to the bass line while others listen to the drums ..... I listen to the beat first .... If the beat doesn't hit me right away I can't get into the lyrics. Yeah true he might be spittin' the best verse ever writtin but bottom line is if the beat is annoying or sound like crap the song is shit. I judge if a song is good or not by playing it then listening to how the rapper is rapping .... he could be saying things that make no sense but if it sounds good when saying it then it is appealing to the ear .... and makes for good listening .... lets face it .... these days its really not what you say but how you say it. If the lyrics are good after all the other things sound great then you have a classic song in my eyes and there isn't one song on that album that has any of those combo's .... But I already know that if your a Jay-Z fan you will always give him credibility over any rapper in the game because he's been doing this for so long. It reminds me of Madden fans .... any other football game that comes out is always weak to them because there stuck in there ways with a closed mind and not willing to give any other game a chance. Just because he's Jay-Z doesn't mean he can't put out a wack album .... lets be realistic .... this album is wack ..... if this was a new artist that just came out, this album would get 1-1/2 mic's in the source and would never be purchased at retail .... and also to touch on the producers that did tracks on the album.. it's not there best work ... they sound like throw away beats from Timbo .... Quik ... Neptunes .... Kanye .... Just Blaze .... mediocre work from all... even Eminem's beat sounds like a throw away ... again its just my opinion

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i listen to both lyrics and the beat but if i had to choose to say wheather an album is hot or not based on if it had HOT beats with wack lyrics or HOT lyrics and wack beats, i would go with the album with the hot beats......cause what are hot lyrics if the beats suck. Jay is hot dont get me wrong, but his beats were wack and to repetative of stuff he's alredy done. so thats what made his album flop in my opinion....besides im not really a Jay nutt case anyway he's good but i dont sweat him like most....as far as G-Units album its tuff, the beats are hot and the artists are hot mo matter what people say, because they dont just have a buzz anymore they have moved a notch up from a buzz in the world to having a sound that people look for. Once tony yayo is back on the scene regardless if people feel he's wack or not, he brings a certain energy to the crew an energy that young buck couldnt bring because he brought his own twist but when yayo gets back its a wrap

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
G-Unit's alright man Im careful not to knock another nigga hustle but sometimes what they talk about gets repetitive murder,robbery, money. But I think they tried to break out of this in the latest album, lloyd banks is alright (hes better than 50) and Buck sounds like just about any other Louisiana undergraound rapper but that solo joint he did was tight. I think I would have to go with that G-Unit album over Jay and that really doesnt say much because I really didnt like either one that much.