Game arrested in North Carolina

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
The Game was arrested Friday on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest in North Carolina.

The Los Angeles emcee, born Jayceon Taylor, is accused of rowdy behavior and refusing to remove a Halloween mask in the Four Seasons Town Centre shopping mall in Greensboro, NC.

"I'm here for a concert," the 25-year-old rapper told television station WFMY after he was released on $500 bond. "I got arrested for signing autographs. Signing a little girl's autograph got me arrested."

However, Greensboro Police said in a statement that Game and a group of companions were behaving disruptively and swearing at the mall.

Mall security officers said Game was wearing a full-face Halloween mask and cursing loudly in front of other patrons, and refused when they asked him to leave, police said. When police arrived, Game continued to act up and was arrested, the statement said.

Michael J. Taylor, one of Game's associates, was also charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer when he allegedly interfered with Game's arrest. He also was freed on $500 bond.

Other members of the group were sprayed with pepper spray when they surrounded the officers in a threatening manner, police said. The incident was captured on videotape by a member of the group.

"They thought I was Rodney King, man," Game told WFAMY. "It was a case of mistaken identity. It's unfair, man. Their behavior's unfair.... Soon as I wake up in the morning, I'll be on the phone with my lawyers."

Police said they will conduct an internal investigation, as they do in all cases where officers use force.
In related news, Game was in Atlantic City, NJ this week to open his new recording studio, Black Wall Street East. He is also planning a development project in Pleasantville, NJ that would be an urban center and include a recording studio, distribution center and retail stores. Game is also in the studio working on his sophomore set, The Doctor's Advocate, due next year.