Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Good points made

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
If people buy into this mentality, music is doomed! Think of the impact if all those who were #1's in whatever, felt like this... Besides, being #1 isn't really something that you can go get in hip hop, it's more like something thats given...in other words, (generally speaking...) you cant MAKE yourself be #1, your fans make you #1. I feel like this...If you're telling your fans that you don't want to be #1, you're telling them to not make you #1 which has got to be a disappointment to them! I mean really...wtf are we thinking here?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
If people buy into this mentality, music is doomed! Think of the impact if all those who were #1's in whatever, felt like this... Besides, being #1 isn't really something that you can go get in hip hop, it's more like something thats given...in other words, (generally speaking...) you cant MAKE yourself be #1, your fans make you #1. I feel like this...If you're telling your fans that you don't want to be #1, you're telling them to not make you #1 which has got to be a disappointment to them! I mean really...wtf are we thinking here?

I think its more, I dont go out to be #1, not I dont want to be #1. Thats proven when he says, you go out and do you then that ties in with your point of the fans making you #1.

Actively trying to be #1 may throw you off when styles and everything change in the 10yr cycle, but if you're doing what you want the whole time, you will still be you with a loyal fanbase without having to adapt and change yourself to fit the times.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
At 1:12 he says "I don't want to be #1, anybody else, y'all can have that". Once again, generally speaking...When you refer to #1, who or what is a good example of #1? Lil Pain...Jay Z?

Lil Wayne has so much money that he's not worried about his legacy, His legacies legacy is gonna be straight. Record label, co owner in the NBA,...

Jay-Z same thing plus Beyonce and her assets...

To say that you wouldn't want that type of success means that your heart is not in the game anymore and you should do just what Nas has done...packed up and moved to Africa...hahahaha (from the movie Belly, had to throw that in...)lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
At 1:12 he says "I don't want to be #1, anybody else, y'all can have that". Once again, generally speaking...When you refer to #1, who or what is a good example of #1? Lil Pain...Jay Z?

Lil Wayne has so much money that he's not worried about his legacy, His legacies legacy is gonna be straight. Record label, co owner in the NBA,...

Jay-Z same thing plus Beyonce and her assets...

To say that you wouldn't want that type of success means that your heart is not in the game anymore and you should do just what Nas has done...packed up and moved to Africa...hahahaha (from the movie Belly, had to throw that in...)lol

LMAOOO ok true. Then let me amend my last statement- That should be how you see it. (Aspiring to, be not defined by)

I'll admit, Hip Hop is fueled by the need to be great not money or anything else (Except the last 15 years or so)