Garageband Beats

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
wassup

due to the lack of a pc, and funds, ive been making my latest beats on garageband. Anyone else have experience using this and what have the results been?

I dont like to use the loops that come with the program (defeats the purpose i feel) but ive been finding ways to get a decent sound even if it takes ages

peace
kaivai

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wassup

due to the lack of a pc, and funds, ive been making my latest beats on garageband. Anyone else have experience using this and what have the results been?

I dont like to use the loops that come with the program (defeats the purpose i feel) but ive been finding ways to get a decent sound even if it takes ages

peace
kaivai

I just got my Mac book pro and i've been plaing with it too. I just want to know, from your experience how are the samle edit capabilities?

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I just got my Mac book pro and i've been plaing with it too. I just want to know, from your experience how are the samle edit capabilities?

you cannot edit your samples based on time! thats the annoying thing about it! because its loop based evrything is stuck on beats, you can go down to 1/64 but thats as low as its gonna go, but! ive got a lot of my songs that i made on fruityloops and have sampled the beats and sounds that garageband cant produce for me and sequence them by hand, the graphic eq can be used pretty effectively for filtering, i took the bass line from one of my songs and chooped it up, but it had alot going on, snares keys etc, i put two graphic eqs on there and chopped out the high freq then repeated on the second graph eq, if you can make a drum pattern you like outta your samples, do it! its really easy once you know how the prog works. The best thing i ever did was take a balloon a stack of newspapers a spatula and a plastic coathanger and made a beat. How? Pull out your microphone and use it! I'll post that particular beat in the showcase when im at home. When youve made your pattern you can mix it down to itunes then drag it back in to garageband chop it up again into 1/4 or 1/8 and then drug your beat into the loops browser in gargeband and you can save it as a appleloop. Its pretty sweet especially if you're like me and favour a particular snare or kick. The only drawback with garageband which ive been trying to find a way around is assigning a sample to the keyboard and having it play across the notes (if you understand that good on ya) like in fruityloops where you can load a smaple into a channel then pull up the piano roll to play the sample in different keys? i find that useful for toms and certain percussive instruments so that they can be in tune with the rest of the song...im rambling hopefully this was useful

peace

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I use GarageBand for all of my beats

I use GarageBand as my primary sequecer. I've aded plugins like iDrum and FXPansion GURU. I create my loops in SoundStudio and slice them with Apple's FREE Soundtrack Loop utility (http://developer.apple.com/sdk/). As soon as I get enough posts, I'll post a beat. Don't sleep on the included loops. You don't have to use them as-is. Just flip 'em and make them hot.

CHEFBOYARBEATZ

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i messed a little with garage band but i upgraded to logic. Logic to me is serious but now i went back to using my mpc and i just use my logic as sound module and my reason also as a sound module.....

ronp

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
@ kaivai

do you have snap to grid on? Look under control and make sure snap to grid isn't checked.

T

The Bastard

i thought garageband was homo shit till i did my internship at a public acess place, i had to create music for video wit it. shit was easy and capable of makin original shit,

DJ Udo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i thought garageband was homo shit till i did my internship at a public acess place, i had to create music for video wit it. shit was easy and capable of makin original shit,

I read the name when apple intoduced it and was like WTF is this shit... Till I tried it out. It still works for me. I'll plug-in all the expensive shit. Maybe I switch once I master GURU... nahh...

members online