Get Rich or Die Trying

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I randomly threw this album in while I chilled around the house today. I've been on vacation the last two weeks.

What a great album! 19 tracks and you can listen start to finish.

Compare that to now, where even on albums I "like" there's four or five tracks that have some mediocre or terrible shit.

What stands out is 50 Cents songwriting. He picks a theme for a track and consistently pumps that theme through every lyric that comes out his mouth.

I also noticed that although the album is full of many "singles" not a single track has that "manufactured" feel to it.

You could pick any track of the album to be the lead single.

The album captures the personality of Fifty. He's not trying to fufill any expectations people would have on him. It's very clear he's making music on his own terms.

What happened to this kat? With the hunger you hear from him on this album you would think some lackluster releases would light a fire under his ass.

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
50 will make a crazy album in 08, I'd put money. I think losing to Kanye will push him.

A lot of GRODT was recorded before he signed to Aftermath. HE was in a different world when he made that.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ya he is done doing solo albums, he is "supposedly" doing production for other artist and being a Feat. artist.
Isn't 'Before I Selfdestruct' supposed to be coming out in few months? That retiring thing comes after that album drops.

I downloaded 'Power of the dollar' couple of months ago and that album is HOT! Lyrically and musically.

Not sure if Fifty is able to get that hunger he needs with all that money and fame he got now.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
agreed, i love this album and his older mixtapes but now he sounds straight up schitty!

oh, and even though the album is less than a decade old, it has NOT aged well

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Whatever happened to him "retiring". I personally wish he would.
It turned out that both of them was in it together to boost their album sales.

I watched the film a few months ago with my brother leaving it me, and it was'nt to bad. The track ''Window Shopper'' was probably the best track i've heard from 50.

members online