Get your royalties direct with Last.fm no need for a record label

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
http://www.last.fm/forum/6666/_/371603

Here we go. I think this is the future, internet radio stations. These guys will pay you royalties directly, leaving the question, how much longer can record labels have the upper hand in getting music out to the masses? Besides marketing/pr and physical distribution, the average bedroom musician has as much power as a record label now.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I like the idea of the common musician doing there own thing without the help/bullying of a label. If this is on point, then record companies won't last much longer, or they will brainstorm a new way of doing things to get around this. Which to me, both are better for artists who are up and coming.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
this isn't really net radio, which still isn't paying for licenses, this is an on demand service that's paying a share of their advertising revenue (10%). the deals they made with the majors and their artists still favours them. i believe it's also something you have to subscribe (pay?) for to get and what's the rate for each play? is there a minimum? how do they stop cheating? being owned by cbs, just how much are they in the corners of small and indie artists?

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
this isn't really net radio, which still isn't paying for licenses, this is an on demand service that's paying a share of their advertising revenue (10%). the deals they made with the majors and their artists still favours them. i believe it's also something you have to subscribe (pay?) for to get and what's the rate for each play? is there a minimum? how do they stop cheating? being owned by cbs, just how much are they in the corners of small and indie artists?

ah yeah, it still has its faults. It is free to sign up though, I already have an account on there. Though am not banking on making a nice stash from it.

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Internet technology is expanding way to fast... One minute its the future and the next minute a new and better Idea is here...hence the reason that the physical distribution and big labels still put out terrible music and make descent profits, consumers are in their comfort zones by purchasing Nelly at Best Buy. Eventually something will budge, but I have never seen internet radio go anywhere... Podcasts, thats the future!

members online