Getting a dirty/old vinyl sound in Reason?

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
OTHER than the "Scream 4 Distortion", do you guyz have any combination to get that type of sound? cuz sometime I want a sample to sound a little older without having to process it in another program

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Sometimes i just throw on a high pass filter, and then EQ out the silibance. and adjust volume accordingly

or i throw on a eq and just cut the lows, and maybe lower the bandwith a tad.

Also, i have this refill dedicated to turntable noises.. Authentic static, cracks, motor noises, etc.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would do like Sanova said but later mix it with a clean version of the same track.
Maybe add a little Scream.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty...Sanova has the right idea..as do the others..filtering is the key..and a lil trick i do..is automate the mute on the track...activate and deactivate it really fast, do this a few time in random locations in the song..but be sure you have a touch of verb and delay on the track to fill in sudden drops caused by the mute...automate this mute ever so often, it simulates slight drops on old vinyl records..due to scratches, wow and flutter and rumble caused by the turntable...and here is one of my lil secrets ill expose to you....download this attachment...try it out....; )

Attachments

• CR Vinyl.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 237

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
LonChainy said:
Qwerty...Sanova has the right idea..as do the others..filtering is the key..and a lil trick i do..is automate the mute on the track...activate and deactivate it really fast, do this a few time in random locations in the song..but be sure you have a touch of verb and delay on the track to fill in sudden drops caused by the mute...automate this mute ever so often, it simulates slight drops on old vinyl records..due to scratches, wow and flutter and rumble caused by the turntable...and here is one of my lil secrets ill expose to you....download this attachment...try it out....; )
how do i use it on reason after its been downloaded????

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its a combinator patch...create combinator>load patch>open up combi>unmute mixer channels...its an autorun combi

S

soultriple5

Genius, is the word Im looking!

Great sound LonC was just the sound I was looking for!. Need anything send me a email.

dirtEjerz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
OTHER than the "Scream 4 Distortion", do you guyz have any combination to get that type of sound? cuz sometime I want a sample to sound a little older without having to process it in another program

you could try, sampling vinyl through a a sampler to get that sound..

hieroglif

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
USB turntable - get ya self one of those, play an old ass vinyl and record it into cool edit or somethin.