Getting clientiel

• beat this! voting starts in...

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
What do you think is the best way to promote yourself as being a producer? Do you do a few tracks for friends then let word of mouth bring artists to you? Do you go to clubs and shows with business cards and scout for talent? Are do you just call/go to indie labels and shop for work?

B

Briellz

I give my beats to a lot of DJ's and just up & coming artist. Umm....send them to A&R's.....None of my friends are really big on music....but they put the word out about me.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What you mentioned is pretty much a good way to start. One popular method is to hook up with an MC that you see has a lot of talent, and produce solely for him/her. That way by putting all your time and energy into them, there's a good chance they'll "blow up", and you'll be seen as the person responsible for getting them there.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i got a manager....sometimes a manager might just be able to get into doors that you cant because they put in more work...try getttin a manager then when rappers ask you for beats you tell them "i do the beat my manager do the talking" see i dont do much but holla my manager and then i just hit him with some beats and see what happens. cause i know this guy go to work his but off cause he dont make no money if i dont.:D

S

Svenghali

Indie artists, Mixtape dj's, a&r's, other producers, conferences, sites like these.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
You guys are all missing the BEST promotional spot that NOBODY uses and that is (drumroll, please) the barber shop. Everybody comes thru the barber shop and there is always music pumpin loud all day long. Get yourself some business cards, go get a haircut, remember the barber's name---if he does appointments then get a haircut from him at least every two weeks and leave some CD's there. I have NEVER met a barber who didn't "know somebody who rhymed" and also your barber is the most connected person in YOUR hood, because everybody from dopeboys to doctors comes thru there.

members online