getting music from mpc to laptop

max90

ill o.g.
hello.

How would i go about getting music from my mpc 2000 into my mac powerbook laptop so i can burn cd's of my beats?

im trying to do this as cost effective as possible.

...or is there a decent stand alone cd recorder anyone can recommend?

ill o.g.
Im not real familiar with mac, but if you get some audio editing software (you might even have a wav editor or somethin similar already in your computer) then set it to record to the line input. Then hook the main outs of your mpc into the line input of your computer. Press record, play the beat, then stop recording when the beat is done. Then edit it with whatever you need to do whether its compression or eqing or just adjusting the start and end points. Then burn.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I'd definitly go for a good interface, enabling you to record at a quality worthy of selling/using.

You got 8 out on the mpc, use em! If not, still get a 2 chnl I/O for the mac with enough headroom.

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Audio Device/Card with USB to Mac.. I dont know Mac, but the PC end of this shit is it! Also, you will need to have software to record and burn

max90

ill o.g.
beatzbybuddy said:
Audio Device/Card with USB to Mac.. I dont know Mac, but the PC end of this shit is it! Also, you will need to have software to record and burn

i will look into some sort of card. thanks.

can you recommend any basic software to record and burn beat cd's on my laptop???

members online