Getting rid of the highs

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In FL Studio 5 I used to use the EQ to take all the low end out of a sample and use that for the bassline.

Problem is that the EQ fx I was using isn't in FL STudio 6. How do you take out all the high frequency's in FL Studio 6

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well... if it ain't there u could always just take the .dll file from fruity loops 5, and paste it in fruity loops 6's vst folder..... but in fruity loops 6 u could use EQUO or parametric eq to eq the high's out...

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
actually i think i know which one your talking about that was in fl5.
its really still there except it seems people would much rather prefer the para eq. if im right you would be refering to the "7 band eq" right? if thats right then where you would normally go to add an effect just go to the option more where the other effects are listed... after that you should see it in the list that then pops up.

peace

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks a lot to the both of you. I tried that new EQUO and it didn't get the job done, but I was able to come up with some dope effects and became familar enough with it.

Word up Iszazial! You saved my life.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think the best filters are right on the Channel Settings. Click on the INS tab and play with the Filter box. The LP, BP, HP settings will create the filters and provide cool sounds...

O

open mind

use the "free filter" plugin built in fl studio.to cut unwanted freqs.