Getting that crowd sound on the hook...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you know what i mean... any tips on getting that sound like theres hella people in the booth? aside from actually taking the mic into a bigger room and getting hella people to do the hook...(because i have done that lol)

ive tried layering, doing hella takes on top of eachother, reverb, etc... but i just cant get that sound im looking for.

any tips? how yall do yall hooks?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yea i've managed to do it with 3 people. and effeciently did it with just myself.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^^ what they said + a lil chorus effect... not too much

T

The Bastard

u can even do it wit opne person, duplicate the hook like 10 times, make each one a diffrent pitch(nuthing crazy low or crazy high) and put em all like milli seconds before and after each other (not all layered exactly over each other) add sum reverb, get silly wit it

ill o.g.
Yeah, alot of my hooks sound like a crowd but it's just me doing take overs. Thing is, they're not perfectly in sync with each other. Some people have critcized this I'll admit, but I ended up likin the way it sounds personally so I usually keep up unless it just sounded way too out there.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The Bastard said:
u can even do it wit opne person, duplicate the hook like 10 times, make each one a diffrent pitch(nuthing crazy low or crazy high) and put em all like milli seconds before and after each other (not all layered exactly over each other) add sum reverb, get silly wit it
THAT is a good idea.Im gonna try that.
But isnt there a plug in or somthing that can also just make it sound like a crowd?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the help. yea ive done the thing with like four five people in the booth, sounds pretty nice, i was just wondering if yall had any nice techniques.

that pitching idea sounds solid as hell, thanks man.

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
yea... I've done what bastard said a thousand times and most times it's been successful. but the most successful times I've done what they call "gang vocals" is when I actually get a bunch of people in the booth to make noise or repeat one word. Then I have em record again and layer layer layer. Then pan pan pan like bam bam bam. aight that was corny, i know.

members online