Ghost Writers Exposed

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i know u guys really didnt expect Dre, Diddy, and JD to be writin all they own shit... especially Diddy... BIGs is a surprise though... but, when ur colaaboriting, that happens... question is, how much... a line, 2 lines, 16 bars, or the whole song... the world may never know.

da relic

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
i know u guys really didnt expect Dre, Diddy, and JD to be writin all they own shit... especially Diddy... BIGs is a surprise though... but, when ur colaaboriting, that happens... question is, how much... a line, 2 lines, 16 bars, or the whole song... the world may never know.

da relic

yeah, but there's some that say "Ghostwritten" not "Co Written". And the fact that he had both is disgusting!

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I mean, #1- where did this list come from? #2- what does "ghostwriting" actually consist of? And #3- most of the names on that list are not surprising. I also have a hard time believing that Mase could write any of Biggie's verses.........seriously

O

open mind

jada n mase writing biggies stuff? no way! biggie doesnt need a writer no way fuck the list! this shit should be deleted 4 real.dont let me start my chain saw again!arghhhhhhhh

brrruuuuuuuuum bruuuuuuuum!!!!

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
if i give you a line that is hot, if you're real you'll give me co-writer credit. the breakdown can be negotiated. provide a hook, i'm a co-writer. not surprised or disappointed. co written doesn't state how much is shared. hell, an ent. lawyer told me if an artist/label want to buy a track, not license, then get half the writer share, which i could then try to get credited as well.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The last mix magazine has an article focusing on Hip Hop producers. It's crazy cause all the producers were saying that most artists they work with have a room full of people writing their shit for them. Verses, choruses, even ad libs.

In terms of Dre he has stated multiple times he doesn't like to rhyme, doesn't like how he sounds on record and a big reason why he ever does it is to act as the voice for the D.O.C. who lost his voice because of Dre's wreckless driving. You can actually search and download a record that Royce Da 5'9" wrote and recorded for the Chronic 2000, where he's rapping as if he's Dre...obviously it didn't make the cut.

Especially in the pop realm. Artists receive songs that are already recorded and mixed with other singers pelting the vocals. The pop sensation simply remove the vocals and record their own voice to the session.

Look at Pharrell, he would make the beat and record a hook then send it to the artist. The artist would usually bring in a singer to re-record the hooks.

He sent Snoop the "Beautiful" beat just like that, but Snoop wanted to keep Pharrell's voice on there.

On the biggie shit... I don't want to but I also find it real hard to believe... Biggie has a real distinct flow that is never going to be duplicated. If you listen to that verse it has biggie's fingerprints all over it. I seriously doubt Jadakiss wrote that. Especially the way the verse ends.

I understand hooks and the chorus. But as an emcee, I could never utter someone else's rhyme. You're not an emcee if that's going down.

400-m

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Dang Ma$e wrote fr Biggie! Aint no way! But anything is possible. Biggie ealry stuff was real Dark. Nonthing Puff touches is gona stay dark.It will be real slick and polished. But AWWW HELLL NAWWW! Biggie. Well I home I dont see any list with 3 Stacks, Common, Redman. Rapper npt writing their raps any more. Damn Shame! You used to get clowned not rapping your own flos back in the day.

members online