Ghosts In The Monitors?

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It seems that, only when I have my turntables grounded to the monitors and everything else is quiet, I can hear people talking through them. Sometimes it sounds like local radio programs and other times it sounds like people are just bustin' it up on the phone. One time I turned the "line" knob all the way up and I could still hear static, but it was clearer. The only thing that I will remember to do next time taht I keep forgetting is to see if my program is "reading" that audio on their monitors. If so, I'm guessing I could record it (for proof purposes or something).

Does anyone else hear this or should I just get a one way ticket to Shady Acres Mental Institute? I'm kinda hopin I get to go to the Mental Institute, I hear the chix in there are hot...but they crazy as hell. lol

get at me

ps

I have Roland DX 10 monitors

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah it happens, could be the wires are crappy, what's your connection exactly? Are you talking about just your turntables --> dj mixer --> amp --> speakers?

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
oh shit.. u're about to be skool'd by Dj Fade.... Canada's DMC Finalist.... be honored.. the man is nice on the wheels...

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
ever see the movie white noise. its supposed to be a true story

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah, I get that same thing though. But, I usually pick up radio stations. My work phone (Nextel) will get picked up by my monitors too, when I Chirp someone it picks up the signal. It's weird because it's only my left monitor that does it. When I moved out for a while it was doin it too.

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
I get that too, but only when my 1/8" jack in my laptop is halfway plugged in.

This is what it is: Your house may be a conductor for radio frequency signals. Check this out:

WHAT IS RADIO FREQUENCY INTERFERENCE (RFI)?
RFI is a buzzing noise which may occur in some audio and radio equipment when solid-state dimmers are used nearby. Typical examples of RFI-sensitive equipment are AM radios, stereo sound systems, broadcasting equipment, intercom systems, public address systems, and wireless telephones.

RFI can be transmitted in two ways:
Radiated
Conducted
Note: The suggestions in this application note will help minimize RFI: however, they do not guarantee that RFI will be completely eliminated.

Radiated RFI
Any sensitive equipment that is in close proximity to dimming equipment can pick up the RFI and generate noise into its system.

The following are three possible ways to minimize the radiated RFI:
Physically separate the RFI-sensitive equipment from the dimmer and its wiring.
Run dimmer wiring in its own metal conduit.
Use a lamp debuzzing coil to filter the RFI. See below for more information.
Conducted RFI
In some cases, RFI is conducted through the building wiring and directly into the AC power supply of the sensitive equipment.

To minimize the conducted RFI, follow these guidelines:

Feed sensitive equipment from a circuit without a dimmer on it.
Add a power-line filter to the sensitive equipment.
Add shielded wire for all microphones and input cables. Also, use low-impedance balanced microphone cables, which are less susceptible to interference than high-impedance types.
Make sure all the equipment is grounded. Connect all shields to the ground at one point. Ground lighting fixture metal housings properly.
Use a lamp debuzzing coil to filter the RFI.

TymE

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hypnotist said:
I get that too, but only when my 1/8" jack in my laptop is halfway plugged in.

This is what it is: Your house may be a conductor for radio frequency signals. Check this out:

WHAT IS RADIO FREQUENCY INTERFERENCE (RFI)?
RFI is a buzzing noise which may occur in some audio and radio equipment when solid-state dimmers are used nearby. Typical examples of RFI-sensitive equipment are AM radios, stereo sound systems, broadcasting equipment, intercom systems, public address systems, and wireless telephones.

RFI can be transmitted in two ways:
Radiated
Conducted
Note: The suggestions in this application note will help minimize RFI: however, they do not guarantee that RFI will be completely eliminated.

Radiated RFI
Any sensitive equipment that is in close proximity to dimming equipment can pick up the RFI and generate noise into its system.

The following are three possible ways to minimize the radiated RFI:
Physically separate the RFI-sensitive equipment from the dimmer and its wiring.
Run dimmer wiring in its own metal conduit.
Use a lamp debuzzing coil to filter the RFI. See below for more information.
Conducted RFI
In some cases, RFI is conducted through the building wiring and directly into the AC power supply of the sensitive equipment.

To minimize the conducted RFI, follow these guidelines:

Feed sensitive equipment from a circuit without a dimmer on it.
Add a power-line filter to the sensitive equipment.
Add shielded wire for all microphones and input cables. Also, use low-impedance balanced microphone cables, which are less susceptible to interference than high-impedance types.
Make sure all the equipment is grounded. Connect all shields to the ground at one point. Ground lighting fixture metal housings properly.
Use a lamp debuzzing coil to filter the RFI.

Thats exactly what it is. If you can use XLR cables probably best bet to fix

members online