Giving up hip-hop for a while....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
To concentrate on electronic music....as well as doing commercials/promos, etc.

Got a couple things lining up that have nothing to do with hip-hop and these are paying gigs....

So....go where the money is, right?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I saw this coming a while back...I would give you the speech about 'doing what you love first and let the money come to you' but I think your mind is already made up, plus you're a grown ass man, but I will say this...even though the road was bumpy at times, nothing was kept at heart on my part unlike others that fuk'n flip on you first chance they get when you were the one reaching out to them but thats another story...I wish you success man, do what you gotta do. You've got a family and their future to think about now. Do I like your decision...HELL NO! Do I respect it? ALL DAY LONG! Peace King!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201

Got a couple things lining up that have nothing to do with hip-hop and these are paying gigs....

Hell Yeah go where the money is, why do you think Detox hasn't dropped yet. Its more opportunities out there for guys who are serious now, the door is open to do whatever. IMO unless you seriously dont like a person I see no reason why I producer would turn down any type of opportunity to make money. Unless your scared you(you as in anybody) cant deliver what they want.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

DO IT! Its sooooooo much fun, those fist pumpers are easy as fuck to pump out and even easier to sell ever since Nicki Minaj jumped on that David Guetta tip...Get you a copy of Zebra if you dont already have it if you're gonna dabble in Dubstep...Kill that shit bro.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
fuck it dude, just hiphop is limiting yourself. Dont get me wrong, i love hiphop but ive been dj/producer first, genre comes second just whatever my gear allows me to produce or whatever i havent done yet is an invite. gl dude and just post your other new productions here too, cool see what youre bringing up.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol...you guys are awesome..

I'm not going for it solely for the money......That's as honest as I could be..

I need a break from hip-hop......

I love hip-hop...and I will love it to the day I shut my eyes forever.....

I've enjoyed it's evolution very much, however I'm becoming disheartened in it's progression at this point...

I've completely fallen in love with dubstep.....I mean head over heels in love with it.......I haven't been moved by music like this since the 90s....and that was hip-hop......There's a way bigger market for electronic music....and I'm not trying to get rich off of it like a lot of people are....I just want to hear my shit in a club...in someone's car......someone bigging it up online......I just want the people to appreciate the music....if that becomes something lucrative, then so be it.....

I'll tell Illmuzik what my main project is..

I'm doing a project for the Orlando Magic and Pepsico, and they're paying me handsomely.... I'll just keep it at that....

It's a huge deal for me...and it's not really hip-hop.....I will try to make it as hip-hop as possible...but it doesn't look like hip-hop..

I have a couple other things going on..

I've spoken with a few clients and neither one of them like where hip-hop is going....the growth is not a productive growth.....according to them...I can understand the cycle of it all (hip-hop at its inception was about the whole dance thing)...... But as someone told me, "hip-hop has been talking about the same shit for the past 12 years".....which is referring to mainstream...because ultimately..that's what most people hear...

I will always love hip-hop.....that is my first true love......it has nothing to do with the wife..lmao...she loves hip-hop too...not as much the electronica.......

Who knows...I might come up with something completely different..and become that dude......

Thanks for your support, guys.... It was a tough decision, but I think I made the right one.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Damn ok good luck with your new genre's and projects. Nothing wrong with getting payed to make music you like.

A lot of people are saying Dub Step is the new shit. Bout to take over. For the life of me I cant understand that music. It all sounds horrible to me I dont know if I just havent heard the right tracks or what. Dubstep sounds like soft slowed down hip hop with a whinny distorted bassline on it. But maybe my ear isnt used to it yet. Who knows.

I'm open minded tho I just genuinely dont like the Dubstep I've heard so far.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Skrillex....Bangarang....Theres a track on there called "breaking a sweat" where buddy filps a doors record...peep it, any hip hop producer should be able to respect that record. Dubstep is the funk.

you fucking fake sellout!!!!!

Nah just kidding man, why limit yourself to just hip hop, but also for that matter why limit yourself to just electronica. Go where the money is man, thats what pays for you to carry on doing what you love. Plus you are the official breadwinner now, go win that bread.

Damn ok good luck with your new genre's and projects. Nothing wrong with getting payed to make music you like.

A lot of people are saying Dub Step is the new shit. Bout to take over. For the life of me I cant understand that music. It all sounds horrible to me I dont know if I just havent heard the right tracks or what. Dubstep sounds like soft slowed down hip hop with a whinny distorted bassline on it. But maybe my ear isnt used to it yet. Who knows.

I'm open minded tho I just genuinely dont like the Dubstep I've heard so far.

Ive only really heard 1 or 2 dubstep tracks i like, the rest all sounds the same. But yeah that shit is taking over.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Skrillex is a genius....