Gloria's Jazz (EARLY DRAFT)

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Looking for early feedback on this one, as I build it up.
Thanks in advance for all who take the time, it is much appreciated.

Nothing here yet.

I like that sample, and the drums pattern dope! Is that bassline filtered out? sounds like it needs to be more up front as my ear keeps going back to that like it’s a bit too distant in the mix.
Like the sample snippet reveal before the chops, nice. Dope beat man, kept it interesting throughout too!

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Looking for early feedback on this one, as I build it up.
Thanks in advance for all who take the time, it is much appreciated.

Nothing here yet.

Nice one!
Drums slap nice, filter in the middle part is dope, bassline goes well with the sample.
Mix is good, but the sample can use a little more mid freqs, maybe some tube warmth?

It appears that the sample might be slightly out of tune (a couple of cents) but I could be wrong. (Can be a struggle sometimes when it's a sample digitalized by someone else.)

It still misses some details, change-ups, fx etc, but foundations are deffo there... (y)

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Nice one!
Drums slap nice, filter in the middle part is dope, bassline goes well with the sample.
Mix is good, but the sample can use a little more mid freqs, maybe some tube warmth?

It appears that the sample might be slightly out of tune (a couple of cents) but I could be wrong. (Can be a struggle sometimes when it's a sample digitalized by someone else.)

It still misses some details, change-ups, fx etc, but foundations are deffo there... (y)
Thank you for the detailed feedback! I'll definitely work on that mid range, 1 question for you. When you say the sample is out of tune, what do you mean. Out of tune relative to what? Is the sample out of tune relative to the bassline, what exactly did you mean there? Thanks again man, this type of feedback really helps me a lot.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
I think it's the song that's sampled. It sounds like it's -4 or -5 cents off pitch. Sometimes (especially with old soul records) there's a detuned instrument involved or the background singers lack talent... Or if the record is ripped with the wrong rpm on the pickup, the whole record sounds detuned. Which might be the case here...

members online

No members online now.