Going with strangers?

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So ive just recently started getting some networking done to the point where i have a couple different people who want to take me in to their studios with them. the idea is i will meet them somewhere and they will drive me there. i dont have a car.

i feel hella sketchy abou this.... anything i can do? or do i just have to trust people and hope i never get fucked with?

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
lol damn i can relate, been a couple of studios before, driven there, been picked up in dodgy cars, all sorts. just use ur personal judgement,i really doubt they would do anything crazy tho.

Emeezy

Etrack Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
im in the same kind of situation, i have a couple guys that are all in a group but only a few of them really have alot of talent that all want to work with me, they want me to bring my laptop and some of my equipment to their place. what i did is told them that one dude could come out to my place and we will lay some shit down and if it goes well we will work our way to their place. personal judgment is a big part of a decision like this.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
ColossusBeatfix said:
So ive just recently started getting some networking done to the point where i have a couple different people who want to take me in to their studios with them. the idea is i will meet them somewhere and they will drive me there. i dont have a car.

i feel hella sketchy abou this

damn son how old are you? did you meet him on the internet? could be the style of a beat makin pedaphile!! hahah watcha back dunny

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
damn son how old are you? did you meet him on the internet? could be the style of a beat makin pedaphile!! hahah watcha back dunny

I heard about those in books, but i thought they were just old wives tales! they actually exist
???

im 18 im big enough that i feel i could defend myself to some extent, but idk. i think ima wait a bit and just put them off untill ive talked to them some more. they dont want me to take any equip or anything (id just take some beat cds and shit) but it still feels sketchy to me.

or i was thinkingof a way i could take someone with me, to protect me. Like bring a couple linemen from the team or something. lol but that seems kinda weird, unless i can present it like 'this is my boy, he makes beats too, hes just chillin' or somet shit. idk.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
ColossusBeatfix said:
but it still feels sketchy to me.

even shadeed would agree wit me that if it's janekey than it ain't a bank b

edit

i had to edit bitches cause i spelled jainkey jankey.. how tha fword you spellit? ehh you get the point

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
ColossusBeatfix said:

i feel hella sketchy abou this.... anything i can do? or do i just have to trust people and hope i never get fucked with?

Shit... get your boys to drive you. Never go anywhere ALONE. Always have a companion or 2. I never do, unless I know them really well.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
A few years ago I was in the same situation. I met someone online that wanted to hookup and make beats but when I finally spoke to him on the phone, he wanted me to bring my computer over to his place and record with his crew. I quickly told him that we could meet at a neutral spot (like a mall or whatever) and let them hear a beat cd first. The guy never called back!

So just be careful, I would recommend meeting them in a neutral spot first.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Get up wit him man! He may sound like Jay but I bet what he puts down on your beats will be Heat!!! He's got a nice flow. I don't know anyone from Portland that talks like they are from New York though, lol.. I know it happens though, he seems pretty legit to me... That would be good exposure though! Do it to it man!!!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Chrono said:
even shadeed would agree wit me that if it's janekey than it ain't a bank b

edit

i had to edit bitches cause i spelled jainkey jankey.. how tha fword you spellit? ehh you get the point
Its Janky....
Try to take a couple of fellas with you so they will have to bury more people later. If they are lazy they wont kill you.
I restrict people comming to my place to like no more than 2 until I know you.
That way they dont have to feel like they are without a wittness to my torturing and killing them and I dont feel like Im gonna be home invaded and my girl doesnt trip cuz theres too many people in the crib.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
naw, fuck that,,,just go. I pick up artists all the time,,,I mean sure,,,I kill them and steal there wallets but it's all part of the business!!! You guys are SOFT!

AH AH! i knew there were people like you out there!

i talked to him again today, i think what ima do is just get my boy to drive me over there, who makes beats too, and just chill that way. his flow sounds nice (even if it does sound like jay z) but more importantly i need to get in a legit studio, and hes worked with some people i know by reputation so i hope ill get some networking opportunities out of it.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ColossusBeatfix said:
AH AH! i knew there were people like you out there!

i talked to him again today, i think what ima do is just get my boy to drive me over there, who makes beats too, and just chill that way. his flow sounds nice (even if it does sound like jay z) but more importantly i need to get in a legit studio, and hes worked with some people i know by reputation so i hope ill get some networking opportunities out of it.

That's good man! Work them business skills!!!! Judging from his music he seems pretty serious about this. Always good to get in with the known local scene! Good Luck..

members online

No members online now.