Good free software for beginners ?

I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro Edition 64 bit and 6gb of RAM. What is a really good, free, and relatively easy software I can play with and get a feel for beat building and music production ? I've read the ultimate guide to beat making on this forum, I don't know how to go about Audio Interface and DAWS. I have my home stereo system connected via AUX for my PC sound output, is that good enough ? Or can someone simplify what I'm reading about Audio Interface and DAWS in the IllMuzik Ultimate Beat Maker Guide ? Right now, I have FL Studios Trial installed.

Last edited:

DJWIDEBODY

Beatmaker
I have a computer running Windows 10 Pro Edition 64 bit and 6gb of RAM. What is a really good, free, and relatively easy software I can play with and get a feel for beat building and music production ? I've read the ultimate guide to beat making on this forum, I don't know how to go about Audio Interface and DAWS. I have my home stereo system connected via AUX for my PC sound output, is that good enough ? Or can someone simplify what I'm reading about Audio Interface and DAWS in the IllMuzik Ultimate Beat Maker Guide ? Right now, I have FL Studios Trial installed.
Reaper will let u use there software until you are ready to buy it , ive used reaper on occasion , love the workflow and its not a computer hog

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
The trial version of FL should be sufficient. Learn it. The full version will do basically everything you'll ever want it to do, and you can customize it to your work flow. It's very versatile, and my favorite beatsmithing DAW. I think Arvin might have a solution for you.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Audacity UGH
Reaper is pretty damn cool. I messed with it for a little bit.

But I first found a crax for FL, until I paid for it......only to win FL studio from winning the Battle That!

It's dope, because I gave my login to my cousin, who doesn't use it, anymore.

Cockos reaper is a great starter program. They let you use it free forever and it doesn't cost much to buy a copy. their rate change tool is still one of my favorite tools In any DAW ever, I still go back to use it for chop/screw techniques sometimes.

I started off with Soundation, it's really easy to use: https://soundation.com/

Now I use FL. I still make beats like I'm using Soundation, which is utilizing the playlist more so than the channel rack.

From my experience though, you might as well start with a popular DAW, they don't take too long to master. Plus there's tons of free tutorials online if ever you run into any problems.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
Try Cakewalk By BandLab...

It's literally Sonar. Fully functioning DAW... reallly good features. Really good sounding plugins and effects.

Comes with a few good instruments.

But you'll need to find some free vsts to go with you.

members online