Good Mixers

drebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm in the hunt for a new mixer. The current mixer is to small and not enough i/o. I'm looking toward the future, and I dont want to purchase a mixer now and then have to purchase another later on. Here's the scenario: I have a MPC 2000xl, I'm waiting for my 8 outs to get here, I haave a Korg t2 which is mainly my controller, but I recently found out I really like some of the sounds so I'm going to be using them even more. I also have an electric guitar that I'm messing with. Help me out with some suggestions.

dreBEATZ!!!!!

Flipstar

ill o.g.
drebeatz said:
I'm in the hunt for a new mixer. The current mixer is to small and not enough i/o. I'm looking toward the future, and I dont want to purchase a mixer now and then have to purchase another later on. Here's the scenario: I have a MPC 2000xl, I'm waiting for my 8 outs to get here, I haave a Korg t2 which is mainly my controller, but I recently found out I really like some of the sounds so I'm going to be using them even more. I also have an electric guitar that I'm messing with. Help me out with some suggestions.

dreBEATZ!!!!!

Price range please.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
do you have anything 2 record it to. like cpu, cd, tape, dat

cuz 2 be honest in that range you gonna have 2 be looking at a mom and pop store or a yard sale, pawn shop..

if you got a cpu jus find an audio interface.. if not you betta off jus dumping sys ex data and returning those 8 outputs.. cuz 2 be honest unless you have the outputs modified by forat. your betta off tracking from the stereo outputs they sound betta. then jus split into mono. but an engineer will tell you that. thats what we been dooing an jim jonsin and lil john be doing. unless they have there forat ones then they will use the 8 outs..

wat are you recording to. cuz if you got nothing there no point buying a mixer

jus use the 4 inputs and midi 2 sync and bounce 2 tracks at a time.. quality not quanity

drebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Good looking! I'm running Cubase Sx 3.0. I have always tracked straight out of the stereo outputs,which have worked just fine, but my man told me i needed to geet the 8 outs to speed up the tracking process. Thats really the first time i ever heard anything about the sound quality. I guess i need to do some research.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Yeah those 8 outs can be an pain in da ass sometimes. But on da real get yourself a soundcard/audio interface with enough i/o's cause to me a mixer isnt really needed inless u jus wanna have a more hands on control.

ONe

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Mixers are dope IMO becasue it is a nice interface/ buffer Between your hardware and software. Its easly accessable and gives your flexabilitity when adding/subtracting stuff from your setup.

Here is what im working with
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jason12/mixer.JPG
Soundcraft ES10, great qualitiy, low noise level and 10P of stero in's (which is key when u add racks) as well as 4 mono in's

Everything goes into my mixer(my guitar, mpc, fantom rack, motif rack, turntable)
then the audio goes from my mixer to the firwire 410(for recording on the cpu), very flexable

As far as the 8 outs, IMO its a waste of time, espically if u got sounds coming off other gear. The sounds that usually come of my mpc are only drums, basslines, and samples. Everthing else comes off the racks

If you use the cut and paste tracking method i describe in my tutorial here
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~jason12/cubase_tracking_lofi.WMV

You can track out in a matter of minutes. Just solo each track on ur mpc, record in cubase and cut and paste. I can track out entire songs in minutes(and my beats tend to have more then 13 tracks) It also gives u flexability when u want to more bridges and breakdowns around in the mix.

class...

FYI, the video is old, and my setup has grown sense then, ive also switched over to pro-tools which is better IMO