Good News, Bad News

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I got some good news and some bad from my school. As you may or may not know, I teach Media Technology at a high school. The good news from the camp is that one of my students got an internship at a local recording studio, in fact it was the one that I interned at in High school. At this studio they record all genres of music including rap and hip hop. However they are good engineers but they have no production skill. So, even though my student will be a non-paid intern, he has been asked to be the studios unofficial beatsmith. He will shop his beats to any rap groups that come in and need more songs. He ha never sold a beat to date, but will make between 150 and 500 per beat. That figure is up to their negotiations. In the meantime he will spend his time up there learning to engineer a variety of musical acts.

The bad
The bad news is that the day after school was out burglars broke into the school and my lab and stole $14,000 worth of equipment. It was mostly video stuff but also included two laptops, and a pc. Here are a couple pics. If you look closely you may see a mackie 1604 that they used to throw through a window to gain access to the room.

Ill work on the pics they are too large right now.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
man that sucks! (the burglary part)
do u got insurance? will u get anything back?(money) :S

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
man i hope you got insurence on them shit i would be dustin for fingerprints and everything but damn thats fucked up, but atleast one of you students is doing something got an internship at a studio

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
FTdub said:
If you look closely you may see a mackie 1604 that they used to throw through a window to gain access to the room.

Ill work on the pics they are too large right now.

woah. them cats threw a mackie 1604 threw a window to break in the building? as opposed to a hammer or whatever? I'm sure the mackie was ruined in that deal.. it's selling for 849$ in places//

edit.
ohh i see.. they threw your mackie 1604 through the window to break out (means they had inside access [ie student]). they were stupid not to use a hammer [not planned].. i bet you can carefully investigate that shit and recover the merchandise or sue for the amount to buy NEW equiptment.

members online