got lost in tha beats

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i lost a whole day yesterday making beats....time flew by,i started out listening to other producers beats like premo,kanye,rza,9th wonder,pete rock,alchemist and even took it back to tru masters "brooklyn zoo"...........i completely zoned out doing beats but i came out with some tight beats even though the time passed so quickly.........but n e wayz does this happen to ya'll often....i completly zoned out...............holla back

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
when i get back home and start working on some beats it isnt unussual that when i snap back to reality the sun is coming up again... nights go bye in a breeze.

C

Chi City

Man I Feel U. When Im Zoning Sumtimes It Gets To The Point Where I Wont Eat Shit Or Shower All Day. I Know Im Not The Only One That Does That.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
^^^No, you're not, as sick as it sounds... when I start the day with the fixed idea of making a beat... I cant get up until I'm done, or until the hungerc is urging me to go and eat,,,

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think it happens to the best of us... I usually start working on music at about 12 am and I'm comatose in the project until about 5 or 6 am... that's why I'm usually posting in between those times... It's my little break from music (besides a black and mild) without really getting to far away from music... theres nothing like zoning out until you have some sick ish to listen to...

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
I can respect anyone who can zone out and just focus on the beats. I'm a little bit of the opposite with mine, I really don't sit with my equipment all day or nothing like that, but when I turn on the machine I know exactly what I wanna do and the sound I wanna create and I just get busy. My idea of digging is just putting on the record and get involved with some other task and if something is sample-able then I'll make a "note to self" and come back to it another time. Time is money for me, but whatever you do to make it happen, is all good!

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I know, sometimes I'll come home from school having thought out a beat in lesson, come home and just try and re-create what I had imagined in my head. Which means I don't have all that much time because of work to do etc.

But most of the time, its just like, okay, I've got an idea and I'm not leaving until it sounds how I want it too.

I think everyone gets lost in their own creativity sometimes....ahhh its 2:10 and I've been making/tweaking a beat for the last decade [okay 5 hours].