got waves platinum bundle wat can i use it with?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i just got the waves platinum bundle i got fl studio but sometimes the cpu goes wild when i apply the effects. so i was wondering wat other software could i use it with? i wanna do the beat on fl studio then go to like a sound editing program like cool edit, sound forge etc... to use the waves bundle any suggestions helpful thankz.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
you can use it on those too.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
micv30 said:
i just got the waves platinum bundle i got fl studio but sometimes the cpu goes wild when i apply the effects.

Yeah mic, i get the same problem with the waves plugs. I love them to death and they work great in most other programs I use (Sonar and Wavelab) and don't hog the cpu, but for some reason when I use them in FL, they seem to really hog up the cpu and sometime the whole program will freeze up on me. I just upgraded to FL 6 (a legit copy) and I haven't noticed if its still as bad as with FL 5 but my computer is in need of upgrading too so that could be it also. Waves plugins are the shit though.

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tru waves is the way to go. i havent been able to get it in cool edit how do i get them in cool edit?

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use them in SoundForge a lot. I usually just use Renaissance Bass in FL Studio. And the RCL too.

Doc Henny

ill o.g.
Waves is sicckk....but i can't really run em in realtime; i use it on Peak 4 (im on a Mac) for waveform editing of any sort

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
GRAFIK said:
i use it in cool edit pro on and then export to FL, works really nice

Huh can u explain this to me?? u mean u master your beat before making it?

Waves is made for finishing ur beat right? Or am i getting the purpose of the plugin wrong?

I make the beat in FL and just use Waves on the inserts like C1 on the drums, and L2 on the master ...

I also use PSP vintage warmer a lot..

Peace

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use Waves Plat with Cubase SX2, Pro Tools LE, and SoundForge 6. I've been using Waves stuff for 7 years now. It's always been "that shit".

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
GRAFIK said:
well when i record my samples, i like to eliminate clicks, hum, eq it up, compress it, etc. and make it sound really nice then export it into fruity loops to work with it, sometimes get those drums sounding right, it is basically used for my samples mainly

Iiight man thanx... maybe i'm a try that too cus most of the time i do it the other way round man.. first i'll make a loop with the chops and then i'll clean shit up... won't waste time on cleaning a sample if the loop won't work.....

Bart

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
J-ReZyN said:
Yeah mic, i get the same problem with the waves plugs. I love them to death and they work great in most other programs I use (Sonar and Wavelab) and don't hog the cpu, but for some reason when I use them in FL, they seem to really hog up the cpu and sometime the whole program will freeze up on me. I just upgraded to FL 6 (a legit copy) and I haven't noticed if its still as bad as with FL 5 but my computer is in need of upgrading too so that could be it also. Waves plugins are the shit though.

do not try to add effects while fl is playing. stop it first

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Big Tone said:
do not try to add effects while fl is playing. stop it first

Yeah Big T, I never add them during playback. I've been using FL from way back and I never had a problem with FL until I upgraded to FL 5. Before that I use to be able to use a ton of plug-ins and virtual synths with out the CPU maxing out. I think it has more to do with FL 5. FL 6 seems to be fine so far. I'm sure it's not the Waves plug-ins because I don't have any problem using them in other apps.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i never had a problem with 5. im using 6 now and that will be my final stop with fl. i dont see myself upgrading with any updates that comes out in the future. 6 has everything i could ever want

members online