Gradually changing the pitch of a sample

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Anyone know how to progressively lower the pitch of a wav sample in FL 6 or Sound Forge? What i'm talking about is like if you've got a record spinning on a turntable and you slowly slow it down, so it gradually decreases in pitch, that kind of thing...real popular right now with vocal samples in southern stuff and since I don't have tables was wondering if anyone has some good techniques for this

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
In FL, that depends if you want the beat to follow the pitch of the sample... as if you want the whole beat to slow down at the same time... and gradually.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i didnt know you can do that in fruity. i usually do it in audition

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
In FL, that depends if you want the beat to follow the pitch of the sample... as if you want the whole beat to slow down at the same time... and gradually.

i guess in some cases i'd want it to do it with the beat also but generally, i'd just say i want it to be on its own (just the vocal)

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Arrange it in the piano roll. Click the pull down menu and chose "channel pitch", you can then draw the pitch in the bottom of the piano roll. This is hard to explain so I have attached a screen shot.

Hope that helps.

~NW~

Attachments

• pitch.gif
    pitch.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 146

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
You can automate it.
Link the pitch of your sample to a controller or use your mouse, press record, press play and turn the pitch up and down anyway you like.

Arrange it in the piano roll. Click the pull down menu and chose "channel pitch", you can then draw the pitch in the bottom of the piano roll. This is hard to explain so I have attached a screen shot.

Hope that helps.

~NW~

and that to :) :)

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
noble- thanks a lot for attaching that pic man, very helpful.

eka- that's really helpful to know. i had no idea the record function worked like that and that completely changes Fl for me. much appreciated man.