Graffiti

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Recently I have bought a couple graffiti paintings. I have always been interested in this art, but have never tried to learn. I was wondering who in here is involved with the art of graffiti? I want to start to learn but dont know where to start. Should i just find a wall and go at it, or should i start out doing drawings then move up, any suggestions???

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I know alot of people involved in this artform, i oft try my hand but i'm not the greatest.

ps. haven't seen you online in forever.. haven't seen you on aim either haha starting to question ur health :p

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
I know alot of people involved in this artform, i oft try my hand but i'm not the greatest.

ps. haven't seen you online in forever.. haven't seen you on aim either haha starting to question ur health :p

lol, word nah man really dont get on aim anymore but you know still traveling for work all the time. Been home here and there, and usually go out with friends and shit when I am home. Life def. different from college to the real world... i would give anything to go back.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
I was really into graf back in the early 90's to about 2001. Basically, just try to develop your own style. Look how other people do their work and get ideas, then try and make your own.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
ur graffitti (like any other art) should start small... if uve never done it b4, what makes u think ur ready for a "wall" ?? i still do it once in a while, but i dont go taggin trains an stuff..lol.. u should buy an 8" x 10" black book with all white pages and check some graffitti forums.

da relic

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
ur graffitti (like any other art) should start small... if uve never done it b4, what makes u think ur ready for a "wall" ?? i still do it once in a while, but i dont go taggin trains an stuff..lol.. u should buy an 8" x 10" black book with all white pages and check some graffitti forums.

da relic

Agree with that. start small and spend time searching for other pics of graffiti. it goes without saying not to bite someone elses style but study how certain pieces grab you and break it down as far as how that piece is made up. Look at the colors, how they contrast/compliment, letter positioning, how the letters all share the same "style" to make a cohesive piece. I dunno, I used to just study that shit and then try my own.

I stopped with graff after i started transfering from the black book to walls. Never really mastered using cans but I'm pretty solid with sketches.

Get colored pencils and markers too, you can start off making some dope sketches to figure out your style before you start throwing anything up on walls.

You got any pictures of your graffiti paintings?

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
start here bro. I was bombin since late 80's to about 98. Get a art pad and start. Find ya style and go from there. Just be careful.

lol, word, i have seen this movie a long time ago. but i guess i just have to take out a piece of paper and draw and try and create some type of style. But i dont want to just limit myself to a pen paper. I def want to learn with cans. having skills on paper isnt the same as using spray cans and shit, but i feel what you guys are saying. start small and move up, thanks

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
lol, word, i have seen this movie a long time ago. but i guess i just have to take out a piece of paper and draw and try and create some type of style. But i dont want to just limit myself to a pen paper. I def want to learn with cans. having skills on paper isnt the same as using spray cans and shit, but i feel what you guys are saying. start small and move up, thanks

yeah, i feel you, but a pad and pen is where most of us start.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
i guess i just have to take out a piece of paper and draw and try and create some type of style. But i dont want to just limit myself to a pen paper.
well... u can always go fukk up a handball court...lol... make sure u post some pix of ur work....lmao!!!

da relic

members online