Great DAW reviews

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ok here is a short list, this my opinion on what each one does the BEST. And I tried to only discuss useful features because honestly I dont care if I daw can export right to youtue. Of course this is subjective. But here you go.

Pro tools

#1 Hands down best ADR tools.

#2 fantastic routing and mixer for mixing real bands.

#3 Overdub tools are the best.

#4 lowest latency system on a computer if you use a full PT HD system.

#5 a great recording environment.

#6 tab to transient WOW.

Cubase

#1 Have you seen VST expression, thats amazing stuff.

#2 Great score editor.

#3 Drum and list editor.

#4 Chord Assistant and Chord track WOW WOW WOW

#5 Control room is a fantastic tool.

Sonar

#1 NO FREAKING DONGLE!

#2 Multiple console emulations right in the mixer.

#3 Edit multiple midi tracks at once, this is an AMAZING way to work see

#4 The Skylight interface is VERY innovative, you start to wish other DAWS had it.

#5 The fastest to new tech like 64bit, VST3, Touch ETC.

Obviously all these tools are just amazing. We live in such a cool time. I would have KILLED for even eight tracks when I was just starting out. Anyway, thats my short list.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Reason

#1 Best time stretch hands down!

#2 fully modular routing to all devices, once you really get this, Reason becomes a giant playground.

#3 Take lanes, I can have a track with a kick, snare, hat and quantize them all different inside one device. No other Daw has this and I have no idea why, its brilliant

#5 full SSL console integrated in, with fantastic routing ETC. Need I say more?

#6 Combinator is a VERY powerful sound design tool, that unless you really get in to it, you don't know how powerful Reason really is.

#7 Rack extensions, while they are having some growing pains they are by far the best way to implement plugins I have ever seen, once props gets the SDK in to version 3 and we really see some new features that will be an amazing platform

#8 this is kinda nerdy developer stuff that most people dont know about, but props just put out the instrument developer toolkit and this is a cheap and slick way to build sampled instruments for sale inside of reason. The A-list series is an example of what can be built. Its great stuff and by next year I bet we will see some amazing new instruments in Reason https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/a-list-electric-guitarist-power-chords/

#9 Block, Blocks making arranging a track so easy and fast!