Guns will change you!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Im not sure that guns are for me. Last year I decided to start messing with guns. My intent was to go to the range and shoot as a hobby. My second thought was for protection. Well Ive been lucky not to need it for protection and even more importantly, I never have been in a cituation where pulling a gun was even a thought.

Something changed! Carrying a gun seem to give me more reason to use it...

I went to Wally World one day to pick up some blank CDs and DVDs, while waiting on a parrking spot this other guy was waiting for one also. He didnt see me on the other side of the car that was backing out but I saw him. when the car got out, I pulled in and this guy got pissed. He started fliping out with jestures. I just threw my hands up and started getting out my vehicle. He rolled his window down and started dropping the n bomb on me. I replied with my middle finger. He stopped in the middle of the road and opened his door. His wife or whoever grabbed him and pulled him back in the car. When I saw this, I grabbed my piece and put one in the chamber. My 6yr old daughter was with me.

Dude never knew I grabbed my gun and pulled off to find a park. Ofcourse, I still got my eye on this cat and he gets out his car with a little baby and walks in the store. Im not sure what pissed me off more, him calling me a nigga or him doing some stupid ish like that with a baby with him.

Ok, Im seriously thinking about going in the store and showing this cat that I was packing. I really wanted dude to know that this could have gone bad very quick if he had approached me outside. On top of that, he would have put his own baby and his girl in jeopardy.

Now Im pissed because he got away without even knowing, how close he came to having a bad day.

I no longer ride around with my guns unless Im going on a trip. Having heat really does change the way you handle drama. Have you all experienced something similar? What are yalls thoughts on carrying guns?

dac

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
damn. you never really think about it until something like this happens. i'm not much into guns, but i did decide to get one for protection. i think that your story is the reason that i've been hesitating on getting my carry concealed license. i just keep it at the house. the only time i take it outside is to go to the range. you never know who's packing, and who's crazy enough to "do some dumb shit" to make you have to use yours. glad you were able to keep it together and not use that thing though. especially in front of your daughter like that.

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think even though the thoughts went through your head you still made the right decision by letting it slide. The question you should ask your self though if you didn't have the weapon would you still have wanted to go in there and jack the dude up?

You also have to look at it this way too, what if that person wasn't in the car with that guy and that person didn't pull him back in and he pulled a weapon on you. I know if I have a weapon on me I'm always more cautious of my surroundings and what is going on and trying to avoid any situations that could end up putting myself into a predicament. I know you couldn't avoid this situation, but you have to weight out the number of times a situation has happened to you vs. how many times you have carried it and it hasn't ever happened.

Also I don't think your thought any differently than anybody else would, when ever somebody jumps out the car acting like a mad man I think everybody wants to put them in their place.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
haha this is why I stopped carrying, fuckin traffic shit , I pulled out on this cat who flipped me off one time, I was very lucky I didnt get arrested.
Dude was talking major shit and flippin me off and goin on and on so I pulled in front of him at a red light and took out the jamie and put it on the head rest of the passenger seat as I kept watching him in the mirror he continued to go beserk so I turned around and pointed it right in his face at which point I startd talking shit (of course) and he just threw his hands up in the classic surrender position and I pulled off and got the hell out of dodge thinking how got damn dumb that was he could have read my plate lol..

The other time me and some dude pulled over on some raod rage shit and Im pretty sure both of us wer packing so I just backed down as opposed to going to jail, but it was some real high noon wild west going into slow motion shit as I did, prolly the smart thing.

Back in the day as a young idiot I shot at any damn thing.
I would have damn sure shot him FOR you for droppin the N word ...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
To me its just the fact that this stupid mofo got off without even knowing what could have happened at that brief moment. All over a parking space. I look at it as....he's done this before and probally will do it again. He may not be as lucky the next time and it would be a shame for something to happen to his kid or his girl over something so dumb. Obama is already after semi-autos and he's said that he wants to get rid of all guns.

I know this opens a whole different topic but there will still be guns whether they are legal or not. Im not against guns, Im against those that use them without thinking first. I dont see anything wrong with having a firearm as long as the holder knows when and when not to use it.

Banning them isnt the answer. Maybe tougher penalties for using them at the wrong time would help.

dac

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
To me its just the fact that this stupid mofo got off without even knowing what could have happened at that brief moment. All over a parking space. I look at it as....he's done this before and probally will do it again. He may not be as lucky the next time and it would be a shame for something to happen to his kid or his girl over something so dumb. Obama is already after semi-autos and he's said that he wants to get rid of all guns.

I know this opens a whole different topic but there will still be guns whether they are legal or not. Im not against guns, Im against those that use them without thinking first. I dont see anything wrong with having a firearm as long as the holder knows when and when not to use it.

Banning them isnt the answer. Maybe tougher penalties for using them at the wrong time would help.

dac

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Like you said, OVER A PARKING SPACE? Dude wasn't crazy, he was dumb.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Dac...I'm glad you had your piece.....at least you had options! What if you didn't have it, what if this dude acted an ass and he pulled on you? He stop'd and acted as though he really wanted to do something. It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six my brother. I'm sorry you had to go thru that but I'd much rather hear that you had to bust his ass on the news rather than him doing u.......Better to be safe than sorry!

Guns are not the problem...it's the people behind the gun. You did not brandish it, mf's are crazy these days. They will try and do something to you for the smallest shit. The way I see it you were the cautious responsible gun owner and if he had one he was the problem child with one!

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Now Im pissed because he got away without even knowing, how close he came to having a bad day.
I think you need to recognize that you got away without even knowing how close you came to doing 25-life for killing the father of a baby over a word...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I think you need to recognize that you got away without even knowing how close you came to doing 25-life for killing the father of a baby over a word...

Did u read his entire story? I don't think he was going to shoot the guy over a WORD. It was over the fact that the dude was acting like he really wanted to fight over the parking space and because the guy was acting hella stupid over the parking place that he assumed that the guy may have had a weapon of his own so he cocked his and got ready just in case! Had the guy came toward him with a weapon the guy would have got shot and Dac would have been well within his rights to do so.

How did you miss the bulk of the story and only pick out the WORD?.....

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If NC has the Castle Doctrine like some other states, if the guy ran up on Dac in Dac's car and Dac blasted his ass it would have been justifiable homicide, because Dac has met all the requirements to use lethal force, and he had his child with him, so he was also protecting the child from being harmed.

The whole premise of the Castle Doctrine is that your home and your car is your Castle, so you have every right to do what is necessary to protect your "Castle". I know in Texas the jury's don't play around I heard a story about how this guy mugged this women, he ran buy her and snatched her purse, she had her hand on her pistol in her purse so when the mugger snatched her purse she still had pistol in hand. She shot the guy 6 times and when the judge asked her why she shot him 6 times she told the judge, "because it jammed on the 7th" and the jury acquitted her.

As LDB said though it's not the gun that is the problem, it's the person who has the gun. Inanimate objects don't just come alive and start talking shit on their own.

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I have trouble believing this is a real situation. Over here if someone starts acting crazy like that, NOONE thinks, "Oh, dude might have a weapon if he's acting up like this". It's just some asshole acting like an asshole.

It sucks that you guys have to think he might have a weapon.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I have trouble believing this is a real situation. Over here if someone starts acting crazy like that, NOONE thinks, "Oh, dude might have a weapon if he's acting up like this". It's just some asshole acting like an asshole.

It sucks that you guys have to think he might have a weapon.

Yep...it's like flipping a coin as whether you're dealing with an actual psycho or not!

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
LDB, that's crazy. The thought has never and would never (atleast not where I live) think that that guy woulda had a gun.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
MagnaOpera, the n word wouldnt get him shot by me (im assuming you understood what I said) that wasnt even the point that I straped up. I put one in the chamber after he made an attempt to approach me. Had he approached me, I would have made it known that it wasnt that serious. If he continued to be extremely aggressive towards me, then his next best move would have been to contact his next of kin.

Judging by your response, it appears that you arent familar with whats happening in todays world...but whatever the case...If it comes to me making a decision to use deadly force or putting myself or my family in danger...I would do 125 years without a doubt.

I agree with LDB, I dont think you read the entire story or maybe you cant mentally picture the series of events...dude could have been straped also, he was acting crazy enough to get out his car blasting away and if so, I still had the advantage because my truck was in between us and he was fully exposed to me. Either way, he was always at a disadvantage.

MagnaOpera, 20 to 25 means nothing if it has anything to do with my daughter growing up and living her life.

LDB-Yeah Im glad that I had my gun. This fool was overly aggressive about the whole thing. I feel like this...if dude was that mad, his girl wouldnt have been able to stop him...I mean really, my wife couldnt stop me if I wanted to go after someone so that actually gave me a chance to evaluate him a little more.

Doc Vig-I recently saw on the news that a neighbor was wittnessing 2 guys beaking in a house. He dialed 911 and as he was reporting the break in, he told the cops that he couldnt sit by and watch these guys steal from his neighbor and he dropped the phone and shoot and killed both of the robbers. He wasnt even arrested. That was in Texas also. Im not sure if NC has the "Castle" or not but it wouldnt matter to me. If I am threatened, Im gonna do whatever it takes to protect my fam and myself as Im sure you and most people would do.

Peace Kings,

dac

Doc Vigilanti

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I saw that about that guy in TX too, that was nuts they played the 911 call and everything, the 911 operator kept telling the guy how they couldn't do anything, so he told the operator straight up, "I'm getting my shotgun either send somebody over here or I'm going to go shoot them." You heard him rack the shotgun then some heavy breathing then he said, "you're dead" and bucked the dude, you heard the shotgun rack again and he shot the other guy, he then told the operator, one is seriously wounded laying in the yard and the other one took off running down the street. It was crazy as hell.

But what are you going to do though, let two punks rob your neighbors house because the cops don't want to do their jobs? I know one thing if there were more people like that guy in the world there would be less idiots like you had to deal with, not because they would be dead, but they would think twice before tying to pick fights with people over asinine petty things.

And you're right I would protect my family and sit in prison happily. Although I don't think you would have ended up in prison, it's not like you went looking for a fight or trying to get back at the guy for something it would have been in self defense.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
ive carried pistols before and never felt that way. plus, i believe that getting hit in the mouth, or a minor beatdown is not a good enough reason to kill somebody. protecting your family is one thing, and tripping out on somebody because you have power over them is another. dac, you should never brandish your weapon unless you intend on using it. another thing is if you shoot somebody below the waist, is it not attempted murder. this is good for i thought this guy was gonna stab me bits. but you have to be careful not to hit that vein in thier inner leg because if you hit that they will bleed out before getting to the hospital.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i only have rifles. i go to the range a lot in florida and they are legit. check my myspace for some pics of me and my brother at the range. and no never ever had the thought of having to use them on somebody. but then again i may if somebody tried braking into the crib.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
I am a gun freak, when I was at mtsu i took a weapons class, I have shot, a glock 45, glock 9, usp 45, barretta, and more. We were trained in tactical shooting, and scenarios. Right now I own 2 shot guns, and I plan on buying a czech p07 duty for my carrying weapon. I am an avid believer in guns and carrying, I am getting my concealed permit soon and owning more.

So Dac if I was in your position I would have done the same thing to also, if someone is acting that crazy you dont know what he is carrying or what he would do. Especially in todays world you are never gonna know whats gonna happen once you walk off that door step.