GZA Legend of the Liquid Swords....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
anyone heard this cd? its a release from last year.... i dont care for the whole album but if you can check out a track called "Auto Bio"..... its the nicest track i have heard from a wu release in a while..... any other opinions?

D

Dublez

OHHHHH my Goodness Sun you wasn't bullsh*tin'
that beat is in ICU (intensive care unit) cuz it's SICK, SICK, SICK!!!

Here's a sample:
and GZA is incredible with the lyrics....

GZA - "Auto Bio"

My have to cop that and support that brother.
thanks Truth Told.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yea hfor real.. how does a track like this not get serious attentoin? if it had been on a mixtape "exclusive" with 50 spittin some wack bars on it or even some of these younger cats, joe buddens or even someone like (i hate to say his name....) freeway it would have been labeld a classic by everyone... its hard though. will gza ever drop an album without at least one amazing track?

D

Dublez

It's hopeless.... for now

Yo sun, do like me
give up on the "REAL"
HIP HOP
just ride the waves, it's like asking
for revolution outta black folks
who always complaining about
what somebody else ain't giving
them!!!
Not tryin to start nuthin (I'm a brother)
but it's the same mentality of a small
majority
you want change but just don't know
how to go about it and you feel like
it will never change... so you do like me
put it on the back burner until you can
make a difference yourself...

Did I get too deep just now?
it wasn't that serious..huh?:headbang: (hate it when that happens)

lol

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I copped The Legend of Liquid Swords , last year the day it dropped. I'm a huge Wu Tang fan. I think this is the album is the best wu solo album in a few years. The beats are pretty tight, even though RZA is only on one track. I still like it though.

PS:
Auto Bio, is a fuckin amazing track

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thats the same sample that Prodigy used on the HNIC album for the song "HNIC" . P's version is better. But thats a hot take on it from the GZA.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
this cd sucks man ...that is a track though..gza really dissapointed me with this one...i understand that hes the genius and he's tryin to spit math but yo, he just sounds like he's rambling and talking nonsense throughout most of the album....all of genuises fuckin analogy rymhes.."its like a jungle" and "fame" are so played out......the only hot ones were "labels" and "publicity"......gza needed better production and more accesible..rymes.....what the fuc is he talkin about one some of those songs...even ghostface after a couple of listens i can feel him out.....needs to back up wit rza

sent_inc

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 15
YO THAT SHIT WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!. U GUYS R RIGHT IF HE WOULD HAVE HAD SOME R&B CHICK SINGING A HOOK IT WOULD HAVE MADE SERIOUS EAR PLAY. FACE IT WE ARE LOSING HIP HOP.

C

Copenhagen

He seems to become less good for every CD he releases, rhymes and beats become more boring. B.I.B.L.E, in my opinion, is without discussion the best album he has put out, then Beneath The Surface and then his latest...pity.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Legend of the Liquid Sword was alright, but I was really feeling Liquid Swords he dropped some shit on that one. Gza has mad lyrics he comes off smooth but inbetween the lines he's making you think a little bit with some ill punchlines. The production could have been a lot hotter on Legend of the Liquid Sword, it wasn't weak but from Gza I was looking for deeper ill grimey as beatz from the Wu production team to help bring out his lyrical content. Ghostface, Raekwon, and Method are keeping things Hot for the Wu, I'm waiting to hear Ghostface's next album supposed to be coming up real soon.

C

Copenhagen

My mistake, I meant Liquid Swords (where B.I.B.L.E. is featured) is, in my oppinion, his best album.

h2flow

ill o.g.
MAD SCIENTIST
Ah what you never cared for the Wu,....
You gotta admit the 36 chambers caught every one off guard..
But at least give them credit for trying something new.
But nowadays their music is not as good as it once was...
I heard that GZA track you guy's were talking about, the beat is not as good as it was on HNIC. I can not really comment on the GZA's flow,
I didn't catch enough of it, to hear where he was taking it....
But A dope MC is enough reason to buy a CD...even if the beats are mediocere....

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i want to hear the hnic track now.... in my opinion this one was tough to beat, and if hav did a better job (i dont doubt he did...) hats off to him.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Originally posted by h2flow
MAD SCIENTIST
Ah what you never cared for the Wu,....
You gotta admit the 36 chambers caught every one off guard..
But at least give them credit for trying something new.
But nowadays their music is not as good as it once was...
I heard that GZA track you guy's were talking about, the beat is not as good as it was on HNIC. I can not really comment on the GZA's flow,
I didn't catch enough of it, to hear where he was taking it....
But A dope MC is enough reason to buy a CD...even if the beats are mediocere....

I can't get into that style of rap. Like I stated earlier ...... it always sounds like they never rhyme in there raps. Or if they do, it takes at least 3-6 bars for it to happen. It might be something new but its something that doesn't appeal to me. They can be more lyrical because there is no rhyme pattern. Its like just talkin' to a beat. Almost like some spoken word shit ......... Not feelin' it.