Happy birthday and R.I.P!!

Attachments

• 785.gif
    785.gif
    20 KB · Views: 157

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Werd oh shoot I aint know Aaliyah birth day was today.
She was Truly a angel on earth.
God got loney and had to take her back.
At least that's how I gotta think about it .

She will truly be missed . HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Aaliyah and rest in peace.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Aaliyah

Full Name:
Aaliyah
Birthday: 16 January 1979
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Height: 173cm (5' 7.5")
Measurements: 32 - 24 - 34
Hair Colour: Black
Eyes: Black
Date of death 25 August 2001,
Marsh Harbour, Abaco Island, Bahamas. (plane crash)
Nationality: American

Spouse
R. Kelly (31 August 1994 - 1994) (annulled)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trade mark

Usually covered her left eye with her hair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia

Auditioned for the Elton John Broadway Show AIDA.

Auditioned for a role on the television sitcom "Family Matters" (1989).

(1999) Chosen as one of Teen People Magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21."

Aaliyah is Arabic for "highest, most exalted one"

3 tattoos: her initial and a star on her hand, a music symbol on her ankle and a dove on her lower back.

(2000) Voted First Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for "The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year."

Performed with Gladys Knight at age eleven in Las Vegas.

(July 17, 2001) Aaliyah's self-titled long awaited third album is released.

Got her dove tattoo as a tribute to her grandmother.

Graduated from the Detroit High School of the Performing Arts with a 4.0 GPA.

Her uncle, Barry Hankerson, was formerly married to singer Gladys Knight.

Got her big break on the television show "Star Search."

(25 August 2001) Died in a plane crash on a return trip from shooting a music video in the Bahamas. The crash, which happened in Marsh Harbour, located on Abaco Island in the Bahamas, was determined to have been caused by engine failure.

She got her middle name 'Dani' from her grandmother.

At the time of her death, Aaliyah and her boyfriend, Roc-A-Fella co-CEO Damon Dash, had plans to wed.

Parents: Micheal and Diane Haughton. Brother: Rashad Haughton (born 6 August 1977).

At the age of 5, she moved to Detroit, Michigan, where she grew up.

At the time of her death, she was scheduled to reloop her dialogue in Queen of the Damned (2002) and to film the majority of her role for Matrix Reloaded, The (2003) and Matrix Revolutions, The (2003).

(Jan 2002) Posthumous single "More Than A Woman" reaches #1 in the UK.

(Jan 2002) The first female artist to have a posthumous number one single in the UK record charts.

In January 2002 Aaliyah reached No.1 in the UK with her single "More Than A Woman". She was knocked off the top spot a week later by another deceased artist - George Harrison.

Aaliyah had a close friendship with producer/musical artist Missy Elliot.

Aaliyah's mother Diane was once a promising solo singer but gave it up to raise her children Aaliyah and Rashad.

At Aaliyah's funeral, 22 white doves were released from the steps of the church. One dove for each year of her life.

Personal quotes

"It is dark in my favorite dream. Someone is following me. I don't know why. I'm scared. Then suddenly I lift off. Far away. How do I feel? As if I am swimming in the air. Free. Weightless. Nobody can reach me. Nobody can touch me. It's a wonderful feeling." (interview in July 2001 with Germany's "Die Zeit" newspaper that eerily predicts Aaliyah's death)

"I want people to remember me as a full on entertainer and a good person." -From MTV Diary: Aaliyah

"It's hard to say what I want my legacy to be when I'm long gone."

(Her advice for aspiring artists) "Keep working hard and you can get anything that you want. If God gave you the talent, you should go for it. But don't think it's going to be easy. It's hard!"

"Everything is worth it. The hard work, the times when you're tired, the times where you're a bit sad... In the end, it's all worth it because it really makes me happy. There's nothing better than loving what you do."

Attachments

• aaliyah_memorial.jpg
    aaliyah_memorial.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 122

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
man i really respected this woman, she was just one of the few women on mtv who i feel is very respectable, all these lil kimz.. wateva man jus sum punk ass barby dolls, i really respected dis woman and plus felt her music, its sad dat she is gone, we all miss her, and the music industry am sure does too

M

MIKELABZ

AALIYAH WOW WUT CAN I SAY.. SHE WAS HIP HOP'S MARILYN MONROE...ASHAME HER LYPHE WAS CUT SHORT LIKE THAT..SHE GETS MAJOR PROPS FROM ME... AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEBERS TAHT TRACK ROCK THE BOAT... SHE WAS REALLY TALKING BOUT L-ROCK AND HOW I SHOULD JOIN HER ON THE BOAT...

L-ROCK

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Yo! Big Ups to ya'll for takin' time to honor the birth of an Angel. It's amazing how the this angel's voice touched the hearts of so many people. I agree that God must have needed her back. I can't imagine any other reason for her having to leave us so soon. She still touches me through her music day in and day out. My favorite song from her is "I Care For You" . Something about that joint that just breaks a brotha' down!! Ante up and kick in fools!!

O-H-TEN

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That was real nice of you Wings, some of that i didn't know, I was in Jamaica at the studio, when we got the news and it had only been 14 days after birthday - It shot me hard and It was something I truly never accepted even to this day, she was my true crush you know. I remember I use to sit in the studio in front of her poster and just thinking of making it to the point where I would be able to write and produce songs for her, this was my drive to pursue - and it was taken from me and I dont think i'll be able to accept it fully.
This was a poem I wrote, before her death - detailing my admiration for her, so its fitting that I share it:

Secret Admiration
Is it fair that I sit here in despair,
thinking these thoughts of you.
Is it fair for my mind to drift, wander endless,
into an uncharted abyss

Is it fair for me to shiver with excitement,
the few times i see you smile
Is it fair for my words jumble when i speak,
so much so that i have to pause for a while

Is it fair that at night i stay awake,
recapping my dreams, how creative they are
picture perfect gardens, everlasting skies
images of paradise, no man has ever seen before

I must, I will, I have to confess
these inocent thoughts that my mind manifests
Innocent, pure, and true
I sure do enjoy being crazy for you

ill o.g.
Krzy K.: "That was real nice of you Wings, some of that i didn't know" - hey, no problems. MY PLEASURE! :p

by the way, the poem is BEAUTIFUL!
way to go!

members online