hard hittin bass sounds

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i was just wondering does any one know how to make those hard hiting bass sounds something like what lil jon uses or the bass sounds in the 3-6 mafia songs (oh by the way im tring to do this with fruity loops) i've heard it has to do with having a low frequincy on them or something................... but i dont know any tips anyone,anything will help

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
sounds

yeah some sounds(bass 808's and snares?) would be cool because i'm just using tha sounds that came with fruity loops so holla back @ me

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
yeah do not use the sounds that come with fruity.

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
RigorMortis said:
yeah do not use the sounds that come with fruity.

I don't know about that one. I've used the Fruity Kick generator and freaked it to where I can get that bass I needed. I wouldn't doubt Fruity's bass yet. BUt, true, experiment with other bass and kick samples. You will find that only you can have the right bass you want, you just have to freak and tweak it yourself. Hope that helped. HoLLa

BourbanBoi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thats coo......but does anyone know how i can make my bass hum through out the whole song like how 3-6 mafia beats are or do i have to hook up a midi controller to my fruity loops program because this is really the kind of beats i'm into ...........i have really tried alot of ways to do this but no luck .............holla @ me

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah, u need a long bassline.... I got a nice bassline from my Triton i sampled... That's the exact bass 3-6 uses (super low)... Let me know if u need it man.... I got u... And since we are speaking of bass, Does anyone have a bass like Hi-tek or Pete Rock uses? You know what i mean? That dry but Ill shit.... I've tried sampling basses and i still can never get that bass i need.... I got hella sounds!!! If u look out for me i'll look out for u... fa sho!!

F

fade502

Try this... use something like CoolEdit to generate a Sine wave at about 50 or 80 Hz for as long as you need for your loop. You can also generate the raw bass with a synth (that wasy you can create notes rather than just rumble). Add a custom amplification envelope to give it some character (highs, lows, transitions) and then pan it back and forth some to give it some motion. Seems to paint a pretty nice bass-scape to hang your beats off of. Add effects as necessary (compression probably won't help much since all that you will do is remove the dynmaic range that you created with the envelope).

ALSO.... never underestimate the power of an old bass guitar run directly line-in to your rig. If you let the strings get all flat and corroded, you will lose the snapping attack and get a nice smooth 'Dubby' bassline.

When I get my studio out of the boxes (I'm moving to O-town NE) I can send you an example.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
eXampuL_oNe said:
Yeah, u need a long bassline.... I got a nice bassline from my Triton i sampled... That's the exact bass 3-6 uses (super low)... Let me know if u need it man.... I got u... And since we are speaking of bass, Does anyone have a bass like Hi-tek or Pete Rock uses? You know what i mean? That dry but Ill shit.... I've tried sampling basses and i still can never get that bass i need.... I got hella sounds!!! If u look out for me i'll look out for u... fa sho!!

can u send me that shit?

jcro_61@hotmail.com

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Pete Rock basslines

Hey Exampul one,
Talking about Pete Rock, alot of his basses are sampled from old Funk records.
You can probably find some old funk tracks on vinyl compilations or on the net, run a low pass filter on them, and you'd be surprised at some of the nice basslines you can find.
Others are just isolated basslines there for the taking..
Happy digging,
Dahkter

ill o.g.
If I want a longer bass tone, i get the tone i want and put it in my EPS16+ and loop it. It takes a while to get exactly the right points but once you do i can just hold down the key for bass.