hardware live fx processor

ill o.g.
im lookin for somethin for just somethin thats under $200 used or not, thats fun to fuck around with that has a variety of fx. Im just gonna be usin it on vocals and the finals of beats. I wanna know if anybodys used any that they could recommend. Im lookin for definitely some reverb and some shit like phaser or somethin like that, just a bunch of shit.

just let me know if you used anythin. im just lookin to mess around on some tracks and gets some bugged out fucked up sounds on vocals and the beat.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Lexicon MPX100, I've got two of em and a MPX500, but I mostly use the mpx100. It's simple, good quality fx & sound and is fully midi controllable. These should come in quite cheap second hand.

ill o.g.
looks good, but what does it have other then reverb? is there any distortion or flanger phaser or anythin else. i searched around but i cant find a lot of reviews or list of fx that it has.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Here are the specs from lexicon

Summary: True stereo, dual channel reverb and effects processor. Extreme ease of use, superb sound quality, very affordable. More or less a preset box designed for instant gratification.
· 24-bit Internal Lexichip™ Processing and data path
· 20-bit A/D & D/A
· Classic Lexicon Reverbs: Hall, Ambience, Chamber, Room, Plate, Gate
· Superb Effects: Chorus, Flange, Tremolo, Rotary, Delay, Echo, Detune and Pitch Shifting
· Dual Stereo FX (Parallel), Cascade, Mono Split & Dual Mono Routing of Effects
· S/PDIF Digital Output; ·may be set to wet or dry. Allows use of MPX100 as high quality, stand alone converter.
· 240 Presets + 16 User
· Front-panel Adjust of critical parameter(s)
· 5.5 Seconds of Delay
· MIDI Control: Learn Mode, Program Change & MIDI Clock
· Tempo: Tap Tempo, Audio Tap, Footswitch Tap, MIDI Tap
· Assignable Bypass Mode
· Ambience = "Dry Reverb". Early reflections only. Fools listener into hearing distance cues (depth) in recording.
· 8 Modulation, Pitch and Delay effects.
· Lexichip® III engine, directly descended from Lexicons high-end products.
· "Dual" Programs provide 2 effects at once with 4 routing configurations:
1) Dual Stereo (Parallel)
2) Cascade (A into B)
3) Mono Split (acts as 2 independent mono in, stereo out effects)
4) Dual Mono (acts as 2 independent mono in, mono out effects)
Summary: True stereo, dual channel reverb and effects processor. Extreme ease of use, superb sound quality, very affordable. More or less a preset box designed for instant gratification.
· 24-bit Internal Lexichip™ Processing and data path
· 20-bit A/D & D/A
· Classic Lexicon Reverbs: Hall, Ambience, Chamber, Room, Plate, Gate
· Superb Effects: Chorus, Flange, Tremolo, Rotary, Delay, Echo, Detune and Pitch Shifting
· Dual Stereo FX (Parallel), Cascade, Mono Split & Dual Mono Routing of Effects
· S/PDIF Digital Output; ·may be set to wet or dry. Allows use of MPX100 as high quality, stand alone converter.
· 240 Presets + 16 User
· Front-panel Adjust of critical parameter(s)
· 5.5 Seconds of Delay
· MIDI Control: Learn Mode, Program Change & MIDI Clock
· Tempo: Tap Tempo, Audio Tap, Footswitch Tap, MIDI Tap
· Assignable Bypass Mode
· Ambience = "Dry Reverb". Early reflections only. Fools listener into hearing distance cues (depth) in recording.
· 8 Modulation, Pitch and Delay effects.
· Lexichip® III engine, directly descended from Lexicons high-end products.
· "Dual" Programs provide 2 effects at once with 4 routing configurations:
1) Dual Stereo (Parallel)
2) Cascade (A into B)
3) Mono Split (acts as 2 independent mono in, stereo out effects)
4) Dual Mono (acts as 2 independent mono in, mono out effects)

The lexichip is also used in 960's, pcm80&90's etc, all the high end lexicon stuff which is good...extremely good lol. So this is stripped down cheapest of all lexicon but with all the features to hook it up to an pc or mpc. The s/pdif comes in handy since most cards these day come equiped with it thus preventing loss of signal. The 20bit A/D - D/A converters funny enough sparked up the sm58 so they're oke in my book. I got 2 racked up the control room and we actualy use em on most of the recordings. www.bigmouth.com and hit up the portfolio for some examples of recorded bands. Any fx you'll hear would be the mpx100's or a Line6 pod, the tape delays on the reggae tracks or else are space echo's.

members online