Let's flip this and see what's what! :)

Download it in MP3:

You can download it from Peggo.

hqdefault.jpg

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Aight I found time to flip this today. The keys are the beginning are the best and I managed to grab a snippet of the sax. Here goes:

Nothing here yet.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
@Fade Can't believe u actually posted a flip! FINALLY!!
Sounds smooth tho... I like that lil sax snippet that comes in at the beginning... When I first heard it, it almost sounded like a piece of some vocals... Thats cool. Only thing I would say is the drums need more excitement, I know its a laid back beat and all, but a few cymbal crashes here and there might help, and also dropping the hat off a few bars on the verse would give some contrast between the hook and verse... That's just what I hear :confused:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@crog85 Yeah I finally found some time. ;) You're right - the drums are the only thing I didn't like but I just left it. I was trying a few different hats and snares but didn't find anything great so yeah it definitely needs spicing up. I was never a fan of cymbals though, but maybe just some sort of exciter plugin I can use?

crog85

Back to the Grind...
@Fade Yea, a lil spicing up is all it needs... But youre right about those keys at the beginning of the sample, they sound really nice, I can hear all kinds of stuff just from the intro... I started working on some ideas last night, hopefully I'll have something to post before the next flip!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade Yea, a lil spicing up is all it needs... But youre right about those keys at the beginning of the sample, they sound really nice, I can hear all kinds of stuff just from the intro... I started working on some ideas last night, hopefully I'll have something to post before the next flip!
I was actually disappointed by the rest of this song. Upon first listening to it I thought there would be more stuff to sample, but ah well. It's still pretty good though, I just think the horn parts are a bit loud at times, so I just grabbed a small snippet. But I think the keys at the intro are the easiest to grab.

Yeah post your beat when you get a chance.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Edgar Nice flip! I didn't expect that horn to get looped like that. Drums could be spiced up a bit but it's super laid back. Good job.
@S-Beats LOL keys out of tune. Good drums. The keys though. It's one of those things that's out of tune but ok because it's eerie!

Krass1

Battle Points: 13
Dope as
Good looking out
Keys at start make great chops
@Fade dope as fuck
Head nodding 90s shit
this is my take on

crog85

Back to the Grind...
@Edgar I really like what you did with the horn. It's a simple beat, but you still keep it interesting all the way thru

@S-Beats I think the de-tuned keys work, but I really liked the horn samples u have low in the background

@Krass1 Really dope beat, I like the way u chopped those keys... scratching was a nice touch too

Heres what I came up with...
Nothing here yet.

Rezzy

@Fade that ambient sound behind the horns pretty slick, nice mellow beat
@Edgar the horn loop you used reminds me of "be a father to your child" Ed O.G. jont.. the high pitched sounds kinda threw me off a lil bit but its different
@S-Beats nice beat my dude, nice touch with the wavy keys
@Krass1 yeah nice change ups, love they way you flipped the keys.. long ass beat lol
@crog85 this is the 2nd sample flip i heard you take to another level, keep it up joe..

Krass1

Battle Points: 13
@crog85 Man thats nuts ,thats how u flip a sample !!!
Your drums slam
The layers you put over samples
Mate spot on!!!
Dope as ,very impressed!!
@Rezzy Great blend of keys and horns
You have blended them very well
Snare pops hard
But low end over kick sounds not quite right
Still a great flip thou braz!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@crog85 Dope! I like how you used they keys and the drums sound bright. What did you use on the drums?
@Rezzy Keys are dope and horn is sweet! I would have liked a better drum pattern but the drums sound nice though.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
What did you use on the drums?
Drums... Hmm...
- Snare & Layered Kick/Hit are from "Boom Bap Super Kit"
- Kick is from "TM-88 Drum Kit"
- All Open/Closed Hats, Crashes, Cymbals, Tambourine, Rim Shot, etc. are all stock sounds
from Garageband's Rock Kit and Hiphop Kit
- There are also some live Bongos that I recorded...
I also add heavy amounts of reverb to the stock drums sounds, but thats about it for drums!

Edgar

e'zz
Battle Points: 1
@S-Beats You flip is so chill, I like how you did your intro

@crog85 Bruhhh, your flip is hella grovvyyy, Im In love with them switch ups

@Rezzy I like them drums you used, it has a oldschool groovy vibe to it

members online