Harold Wheeler Consort - "Black Cream"

Villy Da Bull

Battle Points: 1
Oh, Word! How will this challenge be online? I won't have time to cook something up until this coming Sunday. #stoked

Villy Da Bull

@PANTJA5ILA I see you went the lo-fi route with this, not a fan of the snare though. I like the way you got the horn sample in there, and I like your bass.

@Villy Da Bull This is interesting, I like how you worked the vocal. Just feel its missing something, cant put my finger on it. Maybe just an emcee.

@2GooD Productions - Thanks for listening and for the feedback.
Welcome to ill man, thats what this site is for for me. Each one teach one sort of thing. I will put a disclaimer for the future though, I just say what I think, I dont pull my punches, Im just trying to give some constructive criticism and some of us producers have fragile egos and take things personally. One day you might not like one of my critiques and might take it to heart, just know everybody has an opinion and opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and they usually stink.

What I do bring though is over twenty years experience in making music, and ten years mixing experience, Im not trying to hurt feelings, I dont care about feelings, I care about giving advice where I think I could give it, and get it where I need it.

Villy Da Bull

Battle Points: 1
Welcome to ill man, thats what this site is for for me. Each one teach one sort of thing. I will put a disclaimer for the future though, I just say what I think, I dont pull my punches, Im just trying to give some constructive criticism and some of us producers have fragile egos and take things personally. One day you might not like one of my critiques and might take it to heart, just know everybody has an opinion and opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one and they usually stink.

What I do bring though is over twenty years experience in making music, and ten years mixing experience, Im not trying to hurt feelings, I dont care about feelings, I care about giving advice where I think I could give it, and get it where I need it.
Bro, I seriously appreciate you listening along with the critiques too. I am glad to b involved with the site and I look forward to continuing.

PANTJA5ILA

Bounce Beat Producer
@PANTJA5ILA I see you went the lo-fi route with this, not a fan of the snare though. I like the way you got the horn sample in there, and I like your bass.
Yeah agree not a fan with the snare, although I thought it blend together with the sample and the kick (was aiming for SP1200 sampling technique), I made it straight after I finish work, probably better to take time for the next one
It would be beneficial to have a constructive feedback from someone that has more experience, greatly appreciate @2GooD Productions