Has any one used reason 2.0 software to make hip hop beats?

ski_mask

ill o.g.
Whats the deal with Reason? i was going to buy an mpc but people are saying that reason is all you need. Its only like 400 dollars too!!! They say that some of P diddys hitmen live by it. Let me know the deal somebody please!!!!!!

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Well you need a nice computer and a good soundcard and a midi-controller. So the cost is alitte more than $400 bux if you add everything. But as far as makin music with it its a dope virtual studio. You wont be able to sequence any external gear like you can with the MPC but other than that you'll be able to do whatever you want. It has everything you need. Unless you have a lot of hardware synths layin around, I recommend using Reason.

C

Copenhagen

First, do check www.propellerhead.se and see the features of 2.0, and the upcoming 2.5 (which I have tried).

My producer partner and I use Reason for beatmaking and love it.
It's all virtual and includes mixer, sampler, drum machine, loop machine, synthesizer, reverb, delay etc.
The NN-XT is a bomb for making nice drums...

If you get Reason, hook it up with a MidiKeyboard and the Akai MPD-16...and you're set to go.

Also, you can get tons of refills (Sample CD's in Reason format).

With ReCycle...you can take any loop and make it into a .rx2 file and Reason will adjust it for you in pitch.

With the new ReLoad you're also able to load Akai samples into Reason.

As you can tell, I am very happy with it...

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm using reason2 most of the time. I don't think I can always call what I do hiphop tho.
I'm using it in rewire mode with Cubase sx. The two work perfectly together. reason for sampling, synth and cubase for voice, mixing and fx. Before reason, I used cubase (vst/32 at that time) but with reason it make the whole think more like composing on hardware. More intuitive.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Copenhagen
First, do check www.propellerhead.se and see the features of 2.0, and the upcoming 2.5 (which I have tried).

My producer partner and I use Reason for beatmaking and love it.
It's all virtual and includes mixer, sampler, drum machine, loop machine, synthesizer, reverb, delay etc.
The NN-XT is a bomb for making nice drums...

If you get Reason, hook it up with a MidiKeyboard and the Akai MPD-16...and you're set to go.

Also, you can get tons of refills (Sample CD's in Reason format).

With ReCycle...you can take any loop and make it into a .rx2 file and Reason will adjust it for you in pitch.

With the new ReLoad you're also able to load Akai samples into Reason.

As you can tell, I am very happy with it...

I've try to hook a yamaha keyboard to my computer via my game port to Reason. But it didn't nothing. How do I make it work?

C

Copenhagen

Sounds odd. You have made sure that midi configurations are set right...under EDIT > PREFERENCES > MIDI or ADVANCED MIDI.

Or, down in the sequencer bar, make sure that there's something that looks like a clock in the left hand side of the instrument you wish to use...otherwise just click on the left side...like below

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
how can I know it works?

Right now I can't check if it will work cause I had borrowed the keyboard from my friend.

C

Copenhagen

I suggest you wait till you borrow it again...its hard to find out otherwise.

C

Copenhagen

Any proof to that saying? Not that I'd be surprised...I'd just like to see some evidence...;)

P

Push Play

Anybody got proof on any producers in hip hop claiming to use any type of software programs? not that i really care just checking to see where they heads at

ill o.g.
Del the funky homosapien said in an interview he uses protools so did The Living Legends, if you dont know who Del or the living Lengends are you you best go download some of their shit right now. May I suggest Del the funky homosapien - mastermind

T

Thelonius

Reason is nice. It is fast to get a beat up using reason and the sounds are not bad either. I love the rewire integration with Cubase SX. Ain't no Limit!!!

O

OneNineBlock

i tryed using reason and i found it was too hard to work with so i sed fuck it like i knew that it looked soooo ill and if i figuered it oujt it woulda been better than using fruity loops but i just sed fuck it cuz i didnt kno how haha

T

Thelonius

Straight up,

I've been using FL's, Cubase, Reason over the past couple years.

And there has been many times I stepped away from it cause I found myself only able to go so far in my understanding of the program.
But by sticking with it, walking away and coming back, I have just added onto my skills with each of them.

So my suggestion is to keep trying things with it until you learn at least one function you can use and add to that.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by The Konductor
Does reason come with a card or can I download it onto my mac with just a disk?

Sup Konductor. The only music software that needs special cards is Pro Tools. Reason comes in 3 CD's. No card needed.

Well you need a good soundcard or course, but no special Reason card. Ya dig.

members online