Has Hip Hop Allowed You To Branch Into Other Areas ?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Has Hip Hop Allowed You To Branch Into Other Areas ?

I was talking with a few people and we all came to the conclusion that
hip hop has allowed us create other outlets that we are grateful for.

Curious to see has it helped others branch out into different areas
and success as it has done for me ... As I started out as DJ/Producer
I also went to college and received a degree in Visual Communications
and began freelance graphic designing. As some of you know I have a
good amount of work, credits, media publicity under my belt from my
music work. That in turn has lead me to branch out my graphic design
company and help it grow stronger and pull in more clients. Now as I
work on music I am also freelancing for more and more artists, producers,
dj's, and etc people due to my hip hop work attracting attention. I love
the fact that I can intertwine both passions that I have as well as
develop legitimate business from each to provide for myself.

This is what hip hop has helped me do and im proud of it :

www.nice-designs.com

213hm4l.jpg

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
most definitely:
from listener
to dj
to producer
to engineer
to web designer
to business owner
etc...

On the music tip, I was not a big fan of rare grooves (funk/soul/jazz/etc) until I heard it sampled in hip hop tracks. Definitely opened my third eye for sure....

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
The site looks NICE.

Very clean bro. Dope navigation.

I almost had the exact opposite effect. I had a lot of other things going on and now I am stream lined to nothing but music. There are times when Hip Hop has opened the door to other things but I get really frustrated as soon as I water down my time with other things.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324258

this wouldn't be shameless promotion... would it???

2 different forms ... 2 different groups of people who think differently
(FP is more younger, joking, and less serious when comparted illmuzik)
I associate with people from both groups ... is that so wrong really ?
Thats like posting on facebook/twitter ... because you have 1 you cant use the
other for conversation ? You clearly do as well too

Dahkters post is good convo in itself im curious to see like minded people

The site looks NICE.

Very clean bro. Dope navigation.

I almost had the exact opposite effect. I had a lot of other things going on and now I am stream lined to nothing but music. There are times when Hip Hop has opened the door to other things but I get really frustrated as soon as I water down my time with other things.

Thanks Ominous

I hear you thats what happened with me with music at first ... I went in heavy and dropped some
big mixtapes that boosted me up real fast ... In turn led to selling a good amount of beats and etc.
When you got the itch to go straight for one thing definetly give it 110% and it'll work with hardwork.

most definitely:
from listener
to dj
to producer
to engineer
to web designer
to business owner
etc...

On the music tip, I was not a big fan of rare grooves (funk/soul/jazz/etc) until I heard it sampled in hip hop tracks. Definitely opened my third eye for sure....

Thats good to hear ... Its nice to see others going from a start to building up their companies
and branching into more things that generate success for them. Would you say hip hop is still
your main thing or have your grown (still love it) and persuing other things now ?

Also thanks dreampolice !

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Would you say hip hop is still your main thing or have your grown (still love it) and persuing other things now ?

Hip Hop is always closest to my heart, it's what changed me from a passive listener to an active creator. I never had any formal musical training, however through ttbls/samplers/drum machines/computers/etc I was able to express myself.

On the other hand, I don't want to limit myself to any one genre, the only way to grow is to be original, and spending time recreating what's already been done seems rather futile IMO. I've been diggin this Baile Funk music out of Brasil, also been working with some pop singers and alt rock people. Definitely want to stay fresh.

As far as FP and Ill, no big deal, I did the same thing with an Ableton question yesterday and got two very useful answers on two different forums. As you say - different crowds have different things to offer. If you were randomly coming on here with your 1st post trying to sell some shit it would be different, however you've been contributing here at Ill for years.

Best of luck to you on the multiple endeavors, site looks pro...