has this ever happen to you?

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Did you ever have an idea about a beat and you hear a big name producer or someone else do it? I know the saying if your slow you blow but when I first start out getting into beats I uses to get excited thinking I was on the right track no pun attend. Now I’m just pissed I didn’t execute the idea. Back in the mid to late ninety before I really got any equipment I had an idea to make a Georgia posse cut something for the dungeon family with the Ray Charles Georgia on my mind song, like field mob and ludacris uses for their song Georgia. Yesterday I hear a song off the Game’s new album called Angel and it has a loop from Gil Scott Heron song Angel Dust, I have the same piece looped up I couldn’t find any drums that I liked to go with the sample so I never did any thing with the loop.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
its happen to me a few times..one i can remmember wuz i made a a dope beat and outcast came out wit the same sample like 2 months later

Rackoon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Never happened to me yet but.....that would definitely suck...

When I hear those obvious recognizable samples from songs like Georgia, it make my teeth grind...

I think that some songs should be left alone OR creatively choped to make something else...

But some Producers just dont give a shit:

(((((Kanye West - Stonger ...WTF???))))))

izodone

The Wizard Of ODD
ill o.g.
Yeah but oh well great minds think alike! That use to happen to me more before I had good equipment even certain rhymes I'd write then hear the same thing later.annoying, but like you said you're on the right track I guess.