Have you ever Ran out of Samples??

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
These days, i'v been diggin and diggin, and i keep finding trash, well not trash, but nothing good to my hears. Did this ever happenned to you? And how long was the drought?

Yeah yeah, i know then I just have to make my own melody, but i don't have inspiration either for that these days, don't know what's happening to me.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i DoNT HAVE MUCH oF A SToRY oR A REMEDY BUT JUST So YoU DONT FEEL ALoNE, i KNoW WHAT YoURE GOiNG THRoUGH.JUST oPEN YoUR EARS AND KEEP DiGGiNG. 8 TiMES oUT oF 10 iTS NoT YoU.

RELEASE;

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
It is my case for almost a year now. But dont give up, those thing happend to everyone here. Just wait for that feeling that you've made the greatest beat. It is such a feeling!!!! I cant wait to feel that again. Until then, try, try and try!!!

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
try grabbin something stupid ... like off of movies or tv shows or something crazy... sometimes you gotta dig where you aint dug before

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
yea what gram green said, but just look at the breaks website, find a song that no one use by one of them and just flip it, or flip a song they have used already even better, thats what I normally do. but yea it does happen to everybody, I just had a beat block like 4 months ago, but every since then, I can't stop. It'll come to u.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I've been collecting as much as sample material i can the past half year and I got a shitload of music for me to abuse. About 300 records added in these 6 months and i am not counting what i've had already.. trying to keep this rate up so there is a lot of material and the motivation and inspiration stays fresh.. but i think it is not the material in your case just a little producers block as is said above.. it just takes some time.. and keeping your ingredients fresh helps a lot..

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
This happens to me alot.

When that happens i usually need to take a break. Then i go back to the stash in about a week and i get an overload of fresh ideas.

And usually if i find a song that seems like there's no possible way to flip it. I challenge myself and flip it anyway. It gets ya more experience

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Nomicsproduct said:
man i be gettin beat block all the time, but then i go back to the basics n i be like, oh, ok, thats wasup, then the joint jus comes to me, namean?!
LOL oh shit, I though I was the only one who refered to it as "beat block".

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Go to minimal modus, sample tiny bits go for the simple but oh so raw stuff. Fat beats needs less unless you're phrase samplin kinda dude.

If you are, use any phrase which has some ms. of interval between the instrument hits so Recycle cuts it nicely ( meaning that you take notice that the phrase has as less instruments overlapping the played notes). Hussle the sliced samples into a new melody, you cant hear it but there's always a surprising outcome.

Also old disney movies can make you an instant Jzone.

Take a dope accapella and start with a beat.

Hit up with blaxploitation.com, pick a dope soundtrack or something that get's a good rate and look it up on whatever p2p for it's mp3.

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
try to dig into tracks from countrys that you never heard music from :)

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yeah this happens to every cat. personally to remotivate myself i just listen to some of my favourite producers work and thats enough inspiration to get me goin again, it gives you ideas on styles of samples that you can flip and shit. just keep trying and oen day you'll come back with a banger and then you'll be back on track (no pun intended). :D

Aeast

ill o.g.
this never happens to me cause im the greatest

naw but seriously no one is inspired 24/7 when ever i cant make a beat I just look at as a hint that im about to or need to go to the next level so i try to expand on my style and try new stuff you gotta recrete yourself in order to stay fresh with new ideas

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
like everyone told you, it happens to all of us.
what I do is, I make all my beats with my computer and when I don't have inspiration I go to my sampler. it works different and I get inspired by that most of the times.
try using an other program for making beats.
hope this helps a bit.

iLLVA1 said:
Naw, I don't sample too much....I dont have much to sample so most of my beats are from scratch. I notice a lot of ya'll talk about samples all the time. Do ya'll make beats with samples more than ya'll make beats that ya'll do yaself?

Both.
I sample a lot (my drums are always sampled, cause I don't like synthezised drums, to clean) but I also use synth's for bass or melody.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
word @ eka, keep them drums dirty..
whatup eka long time no speak.

members online