Hello World!

iamcbf

Battle Points: 1
What up doh! I'm new to the universe, introducing myself. I traded in my zebra Jordans (10) and got a lil boom box with a CD player on it, first CD I paid for was a Busta Rhymes Got You All In Check maxi single. Ever since then I been on it! My mans nem told me out the blue I'm going to be our producer. I've never made a beat before in my life. Went home looked up some equipment, got a Dr. 5 and a harmon kardon cdr2 and started making beats. They sucked for years. They still need work but I'm activated! I look forward in gaining some knowledge and inspiration from the folks in this community. Preciation. #cbf4life

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @iamcbf and what's your age? You must be from NY 'cause I can tell by the "mans nem" slang. Don't call it making beats, it's "composing."

iamcbf

Welcome! See that's what I'm talking about - someone really wanting to make beats and doing whatever they need to make it happen.
Yes sir! I didn't know it was a passion until I turned down a foursome to go listen to Ras-Kass and a radio executive talk. But hell yeah, I'm here to absorb. #cbf4life

iamcbf

Welcome @iamcbf and what's your age? You must be from NY 'cause I can tell by the "mans nem" slang. Don't call it making beats, it's "composing."
OG! I'm from Chicago (Southside) but I live in Atlanta (Southside) at the moment and my apologies for disrespecting the art. Composing is really what it is. #cbf4life

And I'm almost 50

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
What @iamcbf was it like growing up in the Chi and how you liking ATL? I'm from a place that is not synonymous w/Hip Hop or the music biz period.

iamcbf

Since when??? IllMuzik is all about making b

What @iamcbf was it like growing up in the Chi and how you liking ATL? I'm from a place that is not synonymous w/Hip Hop or the music biz period.
The Chi was fun to me really. Yeah it was crazy but as long as you knew who you knew and know where not to go everything was everything. I loved it because I got music from all regions somehow. I'm talking about Paris to Kane to Kilo G to Soldiers At War. I mean it's so much more but what you see on TV is only a piece of it. Personally I dont care for The A. It's cooo and all, it's just not where I wanted to raise my family, but I'm stuck until my kids graduate It's a good black city but it has it's downfalls like every city. The music and food and um ... yeah are wonderful. Some of the people and places and police are some shit! Smh. But here I am. #cbf4life