Help a brotha out!!!!!!

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
:rolleyes:

Hey to all felow beatmakers and Producers on this site.
I'm a beatmaker from CA, in the L.A. area, I'm trying to get my hands on some Hardware.
I'm still a Rookie been in the game since about a year1/2 still beatmaker hav'nt sold a beat or worked with any vocal artist yet.
So I find myself constantly coming to this website for help with different things. And you guys (members) always have the answer!
Well, now I'm trying to get my hands on some hardware to step up my game! I was wondering if any one out there could help me out with some old hardware you could hook me up with or sell to me real cheap
that be great. I'm getting tired of trying to come up with new drum patterns on the FL sequncer and coming up with melodies on my typing keyboard! I know thats my problem but you guys think you could help out a beatmaker that real short on cash!
PM me anybody!!!!

Check out the shit I make with just my Computer and Fruityloops

soundclick.com/freshbeats

Attachments

• title_mask.jpg
    title_mask.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 198

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
to come up with a drum pattern in fl is the same as coming up with a drum pattern in some hardware.
fl is just a sequencer.
try to experiment with fl and maybe you should get some soft synth's.
you can find em for free all over the net.
I'm not saying you should'nt get any hardware, but I'm saying it does'nt matter what you use to make beats.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
lol, i 2 still use ma typin keyboard to pump out melodies, lol. hey jus check ebay out 4 sum keyboards, i wudnt bother with samplers (mpc's n dat) cuz fl studio has lots of capabilities n samplin is ofcos one of da many.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
A cost effective way of getting what you want is dusting off that old Yamaha or Casio MIDI keyboard that you got a couple years ago as a "gift" from a family member, but hated the sounds. You can use that as a controller, provided that you get the proper cables and MIDI interface (Midiman), then use a great sequencers, like SONAR or Cubase. There are a lot of softsynths available, and Gigastudio, that can do everything hardware does for a fraction of the cost (since cost is an important variable for you.)

Good luck.

Sincerely,
God

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thanx guys I used to have a casio but someon broke it,
Yo my moms freind is gonna take me over to guitarcenter (great music shop has everything!) and get me sumthin nothin over mabye 130$
whattu you guys suggest?

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
u should get a psr-290 which was like $96.00 when I brought mine from best buy.They probably like $200-$300 now.Atleast they record your loops you make on it.

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I want you guys to check out my beats and tell me you opinions PLEASE!
thats gonna help me step up my game check out the 3 I've posted up so far
www.soundclick.com/freshbeats

becuse everyone I show them to in my hood says "that hard"
but see they dont make beats so I want some "beatmaker" feedback!
Oh yeah could anyone slang me some hardware or hook it up!
Idid all these beats with just a typing keyboard and FRUITY LOOPS
and I did'nt sample (not yet)he he he.
Give me some feed back
ThANX

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
yes da psr290 is pretty gd. i shud b gettin one , dnt expect much from da sounds tho

ps- i checked ur site. sum time bck wen i was younger i was doin stuff like dat( ill post some older beats of mine in da showcase), but u on da right tracks man, jus keep at it.

Javascript

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Did you know that 9th Wonder makes all his beats with Fruityloops? All the beats on the album of Little Brother, are FLoops beats.

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Aye,Java sorry to bust your bubble but,it had a thread about that.Thanks for posting anyway.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I think that people shouldn't really be that amazed by Fruityloops, like Eka said its a sequencer, based on all of the OL hardware and how you could sequence on them.....the drumulator SP12 and SP1200 laid the groundwork behind all of the concepts in the entire akai family & Software, they just added to it and tapped into the processing power......about the only diff might be some some sound differences based on your sound card processing that's all.........read more in the XXL about Ninth and how he made the song for Jayz........it's all on the producer and his creativity....think of people that have fruity loops and if they make beats that are wack and then look at Ninth or some other producers that you tell you that gear is a small part of the end product if you are creative and learn the craft...

members online