Help! For you pro tool users.

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
Yo i know i've asked about some shit before, But i'm just not completly sure on what i need to get when i get my mac and protools. A mixer, the digi interface. I'm gonna have my mpc, triton, and turntable going into my mixer. And from my mixer i'm gettin lost. I guess it makes sense that i'm goign to have an output from my mixer going into the Mbox. And then i can just assign the tracks on protools.?. I need to learn a lil more about it. I need somebody to show me how to use it. I think i might hit up some studio's in my area that use it. What else amd i going to need, any specific cables that i won't get when i get my Mbox? Somebody help, If there are any sites that you know of that can help. Be apreciated.

E

Equality 7-2521

yeah you are going to want the O/P of your mixer to go into your mbox so you can record from all your shit which is plugged into the mixer.

the mbox comes with only a usb cable so you will need all relevant cabling to go between your equipment, mixer, mbox and speakers.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
ok here is the way to use your protools man..Mbox..hmmm I guess its ok...you need to think like this with gear...
I need to have a setup to make my beats efficiently and also a way to print the beat (or track it) easily, without one being dependent on the other until you track the beat you made.....your process of creating your beat needs to be separate from your computer except if you use a program to edit but that only requires you to use the output of the program via your audio outs on the soundcard and route to the inputs of the mpc or use usb....

Set up to create your beat.

set up your mpc as the master clock sequencer on the midi bus when you are putting your tracks down.
There are some details on creating the midi loop to incorporated the digi 001's midi so you can use it at print time...to track the beat.

Setup to print or Track your beat
In protools you need to set it up as midi clock, or use MTC....that way when you press play on the transport in protools your mpc recieves the command and plays back the beat, that way you can can print the beat (or track it), one thing to remember......you should be able to make your tracks completely separate from your pc or MAC.....you need to hook up with someone that has it running because what I wrote is only a small portion of the steps necessary....I could write out more details though later on.......with protools and the software interface you have a lot to consider....markers, punching and also some more of the features, like Classic said the programs are basically the same functionally, I used Cakewalk and Cubase before I got my digi001 3 years ago b4 Mars Music closed, does anyone miss Mars like I do?...

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
Oh well i was just saying Mbox for an example, i havn't copped my shit yet, i was thinking cubase, but i've really been feeling the mac lately. Thanks alot, that's gettin my brain movin. Thanks big d, and i'm gonna watch the movie class. If i got more questions i know who to ask. pz