Help, I need better sounds/voices...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Honestly, what does a machine need just make music and record a lil something.. Its not like you're tracking/mixing a band. The interface is a must though, a good decent and reasonably cheap one is something like a motu express. Asio4all isnt going to cut it.

Acoustic emulation is crap on the budget modules, actualy make that on most modules. The exceptions are VL-1m/70m which are still very expensive and Roland SuperNATURAL products...also not very budget.

You can also look at fun stuff like a yamaha dx/an200

Reefer Franklin

Beatmaker
The interface is a must though
I was thinking the Mackie Onyx Blackjack at first, repair my MOTU 828MKII next, then a Mackie ProFX12 when I can afford it, and a Mackie Onyx 1220i when I can afford that.

You can also look at fun stuff like a yamaha dx/an200.
I checked out the Yamaha TX81Z, seems like the synthy sounds in there are close to some of the stuff I hear in popular hip-hop now. The Yamaha TX802 even more so, I swear I've heard those demo sounds a Drake track or a Rihanna track, though they do seem harder to find. The Yamaha TX7 looks fun to play with, though extremely primitive. I see the AN200 has some phat Bass & Kick Drum sounds in it, might grab one if I can come by it cheap.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Motu 828 is pritty transparent, id stick with that..

The whole tx serie is primitive haha and all of em are dx machines, so if you like fm synthesis you're set. FS1R is the fm beast module, very much sought after so if you find a good deal on that take it.

I settled for the dx100 which i only used for basslines (sold/lately patch), these should also be really cheap. Ive seen AN200's go for about 100-130 bucks on ebay, well worth the money.

Reefer Franklin

Beatmaker
As far as Bass sounds go, is the Alesis Nanobass any good? Demo videos sound pretty good, it's pretty cheap on Ebay as well.

The Alesis S4 Plus sounds pretty dope off the factory demo video, and it's very inexpensive.

Reefer Franklin

Beatmaker
Motu 828 is pritty transparent, id stick with that
Yeah, I've always loved it, had it since 2004 or 2005 I think, and I've used it for a great many musical activities, plus I wanna grab a MOTU 8pre to slap on it (in case our local ?uestlove wants to come lay some drums on a track), they can be had on eBay for really cheap, next addition past that for preamps is a nice Avalon U5.

of emu modules, the vintage keys was the nicest one.
Yeah, I'd like to get a hold of the E-MU Vintage Pro if I could ever find one...

But, I've been playing with this E-MU Proteus 2000, I just bought, for a couple of days, and it's got some pretty cool sounds in it.

Reefer Franklin

Beatmaker
LOL, I could grab a Kawai K1R or a K1Rii and get my early synth 80's sounds on...but seriously the soft and mellow pads actually do sound good on them and they're like $70-$80. The demo of the K1Rii on VintageSynthExplorer actually sounds really good. The Kawai K5000R sounds pretty amazing, but I can't even find one to price.

Reefer Franklin

Beatmaker
Any thoughts on the StudioLogic SL-990pro? I'm looking to upgrade my current MIDI keyboard for a fully-weighted controller and the Akai MPK-88 & Roland A-88 seem a little expensive at the moment. The M-Audio Oxygen 88 is a little better-priced (at $300-$400 less), but is there anything about it that should make me wanna throw an extra $200 at it over the SL-990pro?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
K5000 additive is still sought after, i know some guys who wont part with them.
Studiologic is alright man, thats fatar keys