help if you can.........please

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
sup ill peeps i got a new midi interface/soundcard i got it hooked up and installed but when i record it only comes out 1 chanel like the left only or right only .What did i do wrong im stumped and about to smash it with a hammer........na chill i wont smash it yet maybe by morning any help would be greatly apreciated

kenwop,cold kutz

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Thats sumthin in yer pref's in whatever prgm that your recording into....Ive experienced tha exact same problem before...Basically, there should be another choice in there like: stereo-both channels, and there will also be tha others like left channel only, right channel only.

What prgm is it?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
what are you recording ? A mic isnt stereo so logically you would only have one channel recorded. If so you should set the the state of the channelstrip in the program to mono because it also records the other channel with blank signal and that does take up space.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I dunno about Acid but you dont need to look into the prefs for it. When creating a new file you should be able to set it to 44khz mono.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
it cant be possible that i need 2 mic chords for one mic can it? on here i got mic/line left and mic/line right when im in left i only get left and right only right wtf? aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
lol i got it dawg thanks.dont no what i did but its working so im not touching it thanks again

members online