PSP Vintage Warmer
Casio Keyboard

(basically just software and vsts)

this is what i'm planning to get:

krk rp8s
Focusrite Saffire Audio Interface
Akai mpd 16
Numark TT1650 direct drive turntable

My main question here, is that will i be able to hook up my keyboard, mpd, and monitors to the interface.... i'm pretty much set on the mpd, and monitors, i'm just questioning the interface decision... cuz i'm thinking about maybe gettin an EMU 2020m, EMU 0404, or Presonus Firebox instead? and also i will be able to connect the turntable w/o the need of another mixer right? Any help is appreciated... thnx for readin this far lol

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
you gonna use the numark for scratchin or sampline?

ill o.g.
You'll have to take a look at your interface's i/o specs to see the type and number of i/os available. Then compare that to the outputs your hardware will use:

MPD16 - USB or MIDI
Turntable - RCA or 1/8" stereo (if you buy an additional adapter for $2)
Casio Keyboard - probably MIDI
etc

Your turntable will not require a mixer if the RCA inputs or 1/8" input on your interface contains PHONO PREAMPS. If it doesn't specifically have "phono preamps" you'll probably need a DJ mixer or external phono preamp.

A good interface will probably have a couple of MIDI inputs, so that should be fine for your keyboard. Otherwise, look into a decent MIDI interface, or, just hook your MPD & keyboard directly to your computer via USB.

As usual I'd recommend starting with a small setup before adding on a bunch of software. There's a learning curve to any and all music equipment, and buying too many things at once might end up being too confusing.

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
oh nah... i already learned all the software lol... i've been using all that software for bout a year...

and thanks for the help so far... i'm using the turntable for sampling basically...