Help me with hip hop project!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Ok i need to do a project for my English Language coursework and im doing it on hip hop lyricism.

what i need is some examples of songs that contain alot of pure, hard 'rap' language, like lyrics that the average person can make no sense of.

anyone know any tracks like this?

thanks.

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
try look at the tune, One - Ghostface killah. there pure slang in that. to be honest alot of ghostface is like that he loves serious slang, as well as alot of wu tnag period. Maybe some dipset stuff as well cause they always on their slang, especially JR writer. Check for 'the pit', stop N go, get used to this. there's probably better tunes but this is off the top of my head. oh yeah maybe some mobb deep as well (shook ones, maybe).
the clipse as well thay all on there drug slang. check the we got it for cheap part 2 mixtape. definately check that.

B

Burna

5th Sequence said:
Big L's "ebonics". He even explains the terms in it.

Also check Black Moons "Who got da Props".

I'll let you know if i think of anymore.

def. cosigns. on Big L

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
If you want, you could even go with Canadian hiphop "Bakardi Slang" From Kardinal Offishal... he also explains the slang (which is a mix of patwa and hiphop slang)

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Do "Triumph" from Wu-Tang.
Definitely agree w/ 5th on Big L's "Ebonics".
And absolutely agree with Papadukes on "One" by Ghostface. He's always good for local slang....shit I know people from Staten Island that still have trouble understandin everything he says. But if you want lyrics that the "average" person can't understand, def use Wu-Tang.

O

open mind

that was funny.
ps:i like the orginal song way much better in original lyrics instead of that translation imagin biggie would used the lyrics from the translation.HAAHAHAHAHAH

that should fit perfect for Rhythmikal school project!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
thanks for the pointers everyone. it has been a big, big help.

sAfE.

p.s before this thread i didnt know what 'ebonics' actually were. lol now i can write half my shit on 'ebonics'. props.

members online