Help On Choosing Sound Module

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
So im planning to get a module to go with the 2kxl.

im thinkin like 3 options.

1. Roland XV2020 + 2x SXR Expansion Roms

2. Roland XV5050

3. Motif ES

Im really lookin for the most realistic sounds, and just blaze mentioned that if u goin for realistic sounds u need to go with the rolands, is he right? or is he totally mistaken?

i just need a module i can load up quick and start playing, im really lookin for good Horns,Brass,Strings, and Rhodes, and some crispy Cymbals,Crashes and Hi Hats, The demos ive heard from the SXR expansion roms seem good enough for me, and the reason im thinkin XV2020 instead of the XV5050 is that im not sure how good the XV5050 is as standalone without any Expansions. Ive also heard so many cats talk bout da Motif, so whats the deal? could any of u help me with my decision? any tips is appreciated, PEACE!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I recently sold my JV1010 which spans 2 XV classes of roland keys, it is no secret in production circles about the Roland modules having realistic sounds, they are warm and organic to me also a big part is are the fx they use by default, I got the motif board ES and roland XR-----2 differents sound palletes-----and applications---its a tossup but for a lot my songs I like using the fantom...you will find some of those sounds from the XV in the fantom but the XV's are legendary board as far as some of the real sounds, some of those sounds to me are still even realer than on the fantom because there were sounds that on my 1010 still sounding realer if you can believe that.....the only other board that I can think of is the Kurzweil 2XXX series or the PC-88 which I also own too.

members online