help on recording with the interface.

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
now how do i set this up with FL
im installing cubase so i wont be able to do anything with that tonight.
but im just trying to set the interface(presonus) mic(nady XRL cabled 48v powered) and software up to record some quick stuff.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What host are you using to recording with. You need something to sequence your music together. Cubase, Logic, Cakewalk, etc. Or do you have a MPC, Roland MV-8000. If you don't have anything to sequence it with, you can get any regular audio software to record sounds.

FL doesn't record audio it play audio file though.

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
What host are you using to recording with. You need something to sequence your music together. Cubase, Logic, Cakewalk, etc. Or do you have a MPC, Roland MV-8000. If you don't have anything to sequence it with, you can get any regular audio software to record sounds.

FL doesn't record audio it play audio file though.

cool edit, sound forge. and i have the cubase cd but ever time i try to install it says another program is using my asiosrd or something.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
use cool edit. its reliable somewhat powerfull easy interface. i use it all the time for quickeys.

O

open mind

ya but recording vocals with FL studio is like flying a hot air balloon to the moon. You can get high up in the sky but you will never make it out of the atmosphere.

WRONG AGAIN!
if u use the right PLUGINS it works.

the other sequencer do the same shit like fl studio its not more or less.sequencer just records your vocals its up to you to make the best out of it like i said with the right PLUGINS u can make it out of the ATMOSPHERE!

O

open mind

"WRONG AGAIN!"

Um no, lets edit that file you just recorded. Ya thats what I thought FL is a sequencer not a audio editor.

dude dont wann beef or sumtin but that are just MISSINFORMATION.fl studio has a plugin called EDSION editor wich is a AUDIO EDITOR and makes the job.or u can also EDIT your AUDIO in the playlist.i use it more then 2 years and i know my prog.i used adobe audio for the audio editing back in the days but the build in EDISON audio editor wich u can open right in fl studio is a monster i even do my chops etc... everything is there.everything i need is fl studio.peace.

if u dont believe me take your time and read this shit with all the features.
if u dont understand this i cant help ya peace.

read that part in the middle of the menu where it says WAVE EDITOR.

http://www.flstudio.com/help/

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
right an I use "EDSION" the wave editor. I am not trying to start something at all. I love fruity. But I would never track anything in it. It has nothing even close to do a true vocal session, I usually track 12+ tracks at once with overdubs and punch in's sorry but Fruity just does not cut it for that. You need a true multitrack recorder to do it right IE: Pro tools/Nuendo/Samplitude/Digital Performer. Hell I don't even like to mix in fruity I always export the track to a real mixing software. I am not knocking fruityloops, but it is not the best tool for some jobs. Sometimes reason is better some times Logic is better sometimes fruity is better. Its just a tool to do a job.

O

open mind

right an I use "EDSION" the wave editor. I am not trying to start something at all. I love fruity. But I would never track anything in it. It has nothing even close to do a true vocal session, I usually track 12+ tracks at once with overdubs and punch in's sorry but Fruity just does not cut it for that. You need a true multitrack recorder to do it right IE: Pro tools/Nuendo/Samplitude/Digital Performer. Hell I don't even like to mix in fruity I always export the track to a real mixing software. I am not knocking fruityloops, but it is not the best tool for some jobs. Sometimes reason is better some times Logic is better sometimes fruity is better. Its just a tool to do a job.

i agree 100% with what u said.just wanted to clear it out that it can be used as a wave editor too.thats all.

one love.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ahhh... i think i just felt a tear drop... (lol) don't you wish the rest of the world could come to such peaceful resolutions during the holiday's?!!!!

on some real ish, I struggle with this all de time. I have Sonar, but sometimes just say "f" it and record vocals in FL. Other times, especially when I have a rapper that needs more takes and punch in's, I use Sonar. I guess it's all preference fellas
peace

members online