HELP!! Pro Tools

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Wassup. K I've finally finished my mixed cd and am ready to bounce down to a final mix. Here's the problem: It NEVER bounces the entire track down!!!!

The CD is 78 minutes long, and is about 50 or 75 audio tracks built up together.

When I click bounce down, it starts bouncing the audio to disk but after about 25 minutes it stops. There is a buffer problem. I've already changed my buffer settings in Pro Tools. Made the buffer size 1028 samples (or somethin like that), and let Pro Tools take up 80% or 85% of my Mac's hardware performance (highest possible). I also set the other playback buffer to level 8, the highest.

I've got a Powerbook G4. 867mhz, 133mhz bus speed, 768mb of ram, huge hard drive as well as a second 80GB Lacie external firewire HD. The bounce to disk is going to the lacie. I have no clue how I can bounce this down?? Isn't there an export option?? What am I Gonna do?? HELP PLEASE!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey Swivel, sounds like you might have a lot of plugins in use, here is a tip, if you absolutely have to use plugins in protools during the dump it's cool but the best thing is to process each track by applying plugin fx to each one, process it, then just unload all of the realtime plugin fx since you applied them directly to each trak...compression or reverb etc......but if you aren't using any fx right now on the channels I don't know why it is doing this.........also make sure when you bounce just select all of the waves, making sure they are highlighted....the next thing is just to record the output to either another computer or recorder if you can get one????....I heard about the G4, I have a 2ghz P4 and 1gig of ram and protools eats up on average 90% of the resources...it is a hog

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by djswivel

I've got a Powerbook G4. 867mhz, 133mhz bus speed, 768mb of ram, huge hard drive as well as a second 80GB Lacie external firewire HD. The bounce to disk is going to the lacie. I have no clue how I can bounce this down?? Isn't there an export option?? What am I Gonna do?? HELP PLEASE!!

If its an emergency you could always record the output into an empty track inside pro tools and mix it down like that. So it'll be like a real time bounce old school style. It'll take as long as mix tho. I cant really think of what the problem could be tho. Not enough ram maybe??

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I dont have a Mac but I agree with the other 2 guys...sounds like you may have a ram issue...it sounds like it's trying to bounce but after a certain amount it stops...in most cases that is a ram problem unless you have some corrupt files somewhere....but ProTools dogs ram. I've got 1 gig too and I still bog down at times.

Good Luck, dac

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Yeah. You figure 78 minutes of music is like 700megs right there. That doesnt leave a lot for the plug-ins etc. I would just record it real time until you figure it out.

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
It sounds like u saved the whole CD as one session. Is there an advantage of bouncing a whole CD to one track if that's what ur doing? I'm just curious why you don't bounce individual songs?

members online