Help With a Sample...

W

wykid

ok..ive been doing some research on sampling and ive read alot of info...but one thing that i still dont understand is chopping the sample. ok i have a piano sample (the attachment) how do i make it sound right at 86bpm?...do i chop at every riff? do i do a section at a time?..thats the part i dont understand..where to chop it so it fits the tempo. Im using Reason, Recycle and Cool Edit Pro.. any sort of help will be much appreciated.. Even if you just tell me " chop at :16, 00:20, 01:01..etc." and explain why.. that would be great.. or where to set the markers in recycle...anyway thanks in advance for your help..

Attachments

• Piano Sample 1.zip
    93.1 KB · Views: 144

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
it doesn't have a steady beat count if im not mistaken.....you should cut it into different segments and try making one for it......or you could try and remake it

W

wykid

Thanks for the help fellas...appreciate it... but is there anyway of doing it without changing the pitch.?

W

wykid

thanks MarkN cool edit has that feature...should i get a record player and sample vinyl? or sample mp3s?...and if to sample vinyl what genres of music should i look to sample from?

massikrbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
in Fruity, I tried to use the sample at 86, but found that you probably will have to change the pitch to use whatever portion you want.

That, or see how it sounds when you have the loop cut itself.

However you do it, take the Breatnuts' advise and match your drum pattern to however the loop flows.

HollA

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Just Chop it up in Recycle and trigger your chops on your keyboard im assuming you have 1 hope so if your using Reason anyways Im pretty shit at sampling my self but try time compressing your sample to the same length as a 2 or 4 bar drum pattern so if like the drum loop is 6.306 seconds long then time stretch it 2 that length and it should sound proper with your drums if not just make a drum pattern and play your chops until u come up with a melody or something u like and hit record

W

wykid

thanks for all your help...i timestreched it and cut it up a bit..made a nice loop...i also did the recycle version but the loop was better. but yo, thx for da help.

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Time Stretching in Cool Edit Pro

wykid said:
thanks for all your help...i timestreched it and cut it up a bit..made a nice loop...i also did the recycle version but the loop was better. but yo, thx for da help.

Where is the feature of Time Stretching in cool edit pro? How do you use this feature?

W

wykid

the timestrech feature...when you go into waveform view...go to efx>time/pitch>stretch...and play with the settings..go into multitrack view set the tempo to where you want to stretch the sample and turn on the metronome...so when you play it you cant adjust to the tempo you just set.

members online